Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #1261
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

White Santa (FedEx not UPS) came today:

It would be nice if Rokmen didn't assume we were all know it all's and included some instructions with their product. I know, I know there are plenty of threads about it, but one shouldn't have to search for the information to do the install.

Now to find the time and place to do the install.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #1262
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those look good jeff!!
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #1263
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I like those.
Unread 12-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #1264
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Those look good jeff!!
Yes they do, pretty much like all the Rokmen stuff I've ordered.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #1265
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You gonna leave them shiny or powdercoat them yellow?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #1266
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What do you mean instructions? Drop coil out, take bumps off, slide it up, isolator, install coil..
Unread 12-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #1267
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09
What do you mean instructions? Drop coil out, take bumps off, slide it up, isolator, install coil..
I did......pics to follow, but its time for some Buffalo Wild Wings.

Unread 12-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #1268
shortstax33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Installed em already? lol, I was gonna say if you needed facilities to let me know, my garage is always available. Impact tools make everything easier.

"And if anyone's curious, the answer is yes. I drink beer before/during all mechanical surgery on my vehicles. " - yours truly.
shortstax33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #1269
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I did......pics to follow, but its time for some Buffalo Wild Wings.
We just got one of them around here. Is it any good jeff? Looking forward to picture.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #1270
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
You gonna leave them shiny or powdercoat them yellow?
Shiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I know, it sounds easy, but never having done it, it'd sure be nice to have instructions, you know something along the lines of "Budget Boosts for Dummies"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstax33 View Post
Installed em already? lol, I was gonna say if you needed facilities to let me know, my garage is always available. Impact tools make everything easier.
I gave my son-in-law a shout, he (and his garage) was free so I ran up to his place and we knocked it out pretty quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
We just got one of them around here. Is it any good jeff? Looking forward to picture.
I'm not a wings eater, but the wife and kids are and they love 'em. I like their chicken tenders though.

Pics are loading now.

Unread 12-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #1271
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rokmen 1" Billet spacer

As you saw in a previous post my Rokmen 1" billet spacers came in today. I have my son-in-law a shout, he wasn't doing anything, and has a nice clean 2 car garage, so I headed up to his place.

Looking at the bumpstop and all inside the coil spring I really wasn't sure how what was connected to what, but figured this shouldn't be too hard to do, even without any instructions. I've read plenty of threads on this, but still would have liked some instructions with pictures....I'm a visual person.

Anyway I took a pre-install measurements on the nice level garage floor:

4.5" in the front.

5 3/4" in the rear, with a full tank of gas, tools and some floor jacks in the rear.

We jacked up the Jeep, through some jack stands under the frame, removed the wheels were ready to dive in.

We supported the axle and loosened the bottom of the shock and the bottom of the sway bar link. We let the axle down, slowly, but found there wasn't enough droop to remove the spring. Not having a spring compressor we came up with this:

We jacked the axle up, compressing the spring, then ran two lengths of chain through the coil, bolted it together and dropped the axle. Presto, the spring came right out, no fight what so ever. (mind you this was on the second side, the first time we used one length of chain, which caused the spring to arch a bit. It still came out, but was a bit tough to get back in.)

We pulled the bump stop out, removed the bolt holding the bump stop extender in and removed it. Next was the rubber isolater. We stared at that for a minute, since it wasn't moving at all. Undaunted we grabbed a couple of screw drivers, gave it a good pry and it broke free.

We slid the new Rokmen spacer on (which did measure exactly 1" btw), put the isolater back in place.

We put the bump stop back in place, slid the spring back into place, jacked the axle back up to the spring and released the chain.

From there is was simply bolt the shock and swaybar back up and we were done.

It took 1 hour and 2 minutes from the first measurement, to the last.

I gained exactly 1"....what a surprise

Before

After

No more front rake.

Anyone that is thinking of doing a spacer and is thinking of paying someone to do it, needs to think again. The tools you need, if don't have any, are cheaper than what a shop would charge you.

Unread 12-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #1272
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
but its time for some Buffalo Wild Wings.

Mmm parmesan garlic......Oh and the new stance looks good too.
Unread 12-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #1273
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Who would have thought an extra inch could make such a difference?

Unread 12-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #1274
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Who would have thought an extra inch could make such a difference?

Ahem.....:

That's what she said.

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2011, 01:13 AM   #1275
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just because I miss Moab.....and wheeling in general.....

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.