Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #106
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I'll have to stop buying stuff until I see if the lift causes any vibes or anything, I hope not, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
You might not...BUT

You probably will, the 42RLE with the rear 44 makes for a really short DS. I had some pretty bad ones with just a 2 inch.

Crossin the fingers though

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #107
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
You might not...BUT

You probably will, the 42RLE with the rear 44 makes for a really short DS. I had some pretty bad ones with just a 2 inch.

Crossin the fingers though
I know, that's what I'm afraid of. If it happens I'll being seeking the advise of others, until then.....fingers crossed.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #108
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How much coverage underneath does that ORF rocker guard provide? All the way to the body mounts? Why didnt you go with Rokmen? Was price a factor? You just love ORF products dont ya? I like the rubi color.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #109
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
How much coverage underneath does that ORF rocker guard provide? All the way to the body mounts? Why didnt you go with Rokmen? Was price a factor? You just love ORF products dont ya? I like the rubi color.
I was looking for more protection than the stock rocker guard, wanted something that the family could step on, and figured why not get the one's that match the front bumper I ordered. I wouldn't say I love ORF products, yet, that will be determined once their on. Hopefully they don't disappoint me.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #110
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lets hope not. How much did that bumper and rocker guard cost ya? I hope you gave your money to an American company.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #111
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Lets hope not. How much did that bumper and rocker guard cost ya? I hope you gave your money to an American company.
Right around 3-bills a piece. Or-Fab is an american company, but this is a build thread so lets leave the politically correct stuff out of it.

Unread 12-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #112
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lift update: Crappy cell pics.

I think that's my finger in that second shot....

It's coming along, one busted shock bolt in the rear, but otherwise ok. It should be done tomorrow. And no, I'm not doing the install. A guy I know owns a body shop, also has a jeep, and offered to install the lift pay me money, and get my 8.8 in return. I don't have the time or the tools to do the lift and the deal was a good one for me. I told him to leave the sway bar disconnected and I'll bring my antirock tomorrow.

Until then, more waiting.

Unread 12-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #113
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice. That's kinda how it went down with my buddy. He did my lift and I bought whatever parts he needed and bought some lunch for him as a payment. Its hard findin mechanics like that these days.

i think it all cost me 75 bucks in the end (needed a new tie rod plus 25 for food.) Looks like it's coming along nicely though.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #114
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Very nice. That's kinda how it went down with my buddy. He did my lift and I bought whatever parts he needed and bought some lunch for him as a payment. Its hard findin mechanics like that these days.

i think it all cost me 75 bucks in the end (needed a new tie rod plus 25 for food.) Looks like it's coming along nicely though.
With the trade and cash back to me, this is "costing" me $150.00. Well worth it to me.

Unread 12-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #115
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

Now there is suspense! ...arg

Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #116
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

cant wait to see the jeep after the install!
CONNOR_99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 06:35 AM   #117
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONNOR_99TJ View Post
cant wait to see the jeep after the install!
Hopefully today is the day.

Unread 12-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #118
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lunch time update.....rear upper shock bolts broke, so that's slowing things down. I'm going to go work on it after work tonight. Wish me luck.

Unread 12-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #119
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

goodluck those damn rear shock bolts!
CONNOR_99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #120
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONNOR_99TJ View Post
goodluck those damn rear shock bolts!
Damn the front ones too!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.