Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 12-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #91
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I followed the other build....Now it's time to follow this one!

kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #92
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
What brand of bumper is that and how much did it run?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucanbob View Post
not to step on the OPs toes...
but it's Or-fab and its $320 on quadratec
Yep it's an Or-fab. But while Q-tec shows a price of $318, 4WD Hardware shows a price of $368. You'd think Q-tec would be the way to go, but you'd be wrong. Once you ad in shipping and the surcharge, the Q-tec price is $373. That's $5 more. I guess they like to show lower prices and hope they can sneak in the extra charges at check out, with out you noticing. Pretty stupid, but I'm sure people don't even think about it. The 4WD price is $368 shipped.

I tried to find it cheaper, but didn't have any luck, if you know where it's cheaper....shut up.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #93
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post

Ordered.....now I need a bumper.
There needs to be a "jealous" smiley
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #94
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Missed the UPS man at lunch! Doh!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #95
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Missed the UPS man at lunch! Doh!
Tracked him down and caught him!

I'm really starting to like the way our dinning room table looks..

The jeep gets the lift on tomorrow!

Unread 12-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #96
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

She's a 'bute!
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #97
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Make sure you install that line under load. Pull off of a parked car or a tree or something. Have someone sit in the jeep and put it in neutral and stand on the brakes, then winch the jeep in with you in front of the jeep so you can watch how it's spooling, having them steer side to side as needed. Not loading the winchline while spooling it can lead to pre-mature failure down the road if you use it before doing so. You need to re-spool it like that after every use. It takes time, but as expensive as synthetic is, you don't want to **** that up.

Oh, and get rid of that hook and buy a safety thimble from Thor at viking Offroad. Www.winchline.com

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #98
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Make sure you install that line under load. Pull off of a parked car or a tree or something. Have someone sit in the jeep and put it in neutral and stand on the brakes, then winch the jeep in with you in front of the jeep so you can watch how it's spooling, having them steer side to side as needed. Not loading the winchline while spooling it can lead to pre-mature failure down the road if you use it before doing so. You need to re-spool it like that after every use. It takes time, but as expensive as synthetic is, you don't want to **** that up.

Oh, and get rid of that hook and buy a safety thimble from Thor at viking Offroad.
Thanks for the tip...you know I was going to have to look it up before hand. Installing the safety thimble looks like it could be a pain, but I do like them.

I can't wait for that bumper to get here.

Unread 12-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #99
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's gonna look sick when it's all done man! The suspense is killin me on the lift haha.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #100
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
It's gonna look sick when it's all done man! The suspense is killin me on the lift haha.
Killing you?! I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning, and lately there have been several Christmas mornings.

Unread 12-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #101
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I know how you feel. I had my lift in my room under my desk for 3-4 months before I actually put it on.

It was a long 3 months ahahah.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #102
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks for the tip...you know I was going to have to look it up before hand. Installing the safety thimle looks like it could be a pain, but I do like them.

I can't wait for that bumper to get here.
I bought my line from Viking, and paid for a thimble then, so mine came on it, but Blaine assures me that when I break the line, I can resplice it easily. He said it's really simple, and the first time takes the longest. If he thinks I can do it, then you can do it. lol

You don't buy the thimble because you like it, you buy it because it's WAY safer than a damned hook.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #103
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Killing you?! I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning, and lately there have been several Christmas mornings.
You girls need to quit whining about having to wait. Try being in another country for almost a year knowing you had parts waiting to go on. lol

Unread 12-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #104
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, James had it the worst

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #105
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I bought my line from Viking, and paid for a thimble then, so mine came on it, but Blaine assures me that when I break the line, I can resplice it easily. He said it's really simple, and the first time takes the longest. If he thinks I can do it, then you can do it. lol

You don't buy the thimble because you like it, you buy it because it's WAY safer than a damned hook.
I'm a little afraid of cutting and braiding my brand new line, so even if I could do it, I don't know if I'd have to guts to do it.

Quote:
You girls need to quit whining about having to wait. Try being in another country for almost a year knowing you had parts waiting to go on. lol
Hey, we had to wait and suffer right along with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Yeah, James had it the worst
It's all about your point of view.

Oh, I just ordered these......

My wife and kids said I needed a "step" like the YJ had...

I'll have to stop buying stuff until I see if the lift causes any vibes or anything, I hope not, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

EDIT: On 122810 I cancelled the order for these, since Q-tec couldn't give me a ship date.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.