Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 04-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #916
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I like it. Any plans to fancy up the wood or just gonna leave it bare?

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #917
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
I like it. Any plans to fancy up the wood or just gonna leave it bare?
I'll fancy it up. It just got to windy to keep working on it, and it looked like a storm was brewing so I put the top back together.

At the very least I'll paint it black. It should give me the security I need as I travel across the country. And it should contain everything if the unthinkable should happen.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #918
97tjeff
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey Jeff, what about adding a mountaineer rack on top of the trunk?

Something like this: http://olympic4x4products.com/utilit...ountaneer-rack

That's the one that I have and I love it; it attaches to the roll bars and gives you the ability to secure everything that you can't fit inside your trunk...such as a cooler and whatnot.
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #919
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tjeff View Post
Hey Jeff, what about adding a mountaineer rack on top of the trunk?
I have about $50 invested thus far, and don't plan on spending too much more, so no rack. I have the tie downs already so all I need are some attachment points, which shouldn't cost too much.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 04-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #920
RubyMax3388
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good been thinking of doing something like this as well.
RubyMax3388 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #921
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was going to upgrade my tie rod / drag link before Moab, but since I had to replace my PC yesterday, I'm not to sure that is going to happen. I don't think the wife would be happy if I took our roofing/siding money and spent it on the jeep.

Unread 04-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #922
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just got a coat of black paint on the trunk, it's getting there.

Unread 04-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #923
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got a call from the Jeep rep I've been dealing with today, she told me my new OPDA was at my dealer. Here's how our conversation went.

Me: So how much is this going to cost me?

Her: I don't know sir.

Me: Well I've heard that the prices have doubled since the back order began.

Her: I'm sorry about that sir.

Me: So am I. Do you know if the part is the same part as before?

Her: I don't know sir, I wish I did though.

Me: I wish you knew too. I'd hate to find out I'm paying twice as much for the same piece of junk.

Her: Well (long pause) I guess I could refund you 50% of the cost you incur, seeing as how much trouble you've gone through with this issue.

Me: At least that would bring me back down to where I would have been before the price hike, had there not been an issue in the first place.

At this point she changed the subject and told me how to get my money back.

I stopped by the dealer and was told the new OPDA is $347!! I asked if it was the same part, the parts lady told me it appeared to be from a new supplier and the part number use to end in AC and now ends in AB. I didn't have time to talk with the shop manager I've been dealing with, or to actually look at the part. I have not paid for it yet either. I'll stop by there tomorrow and see if I can get a look at it.

Oh, and the parts lady told me they are on back order again.

I still hear a bit of noise from my OPDA, upon start up, every now and again so I'm really kind of afraid not to replace it. I don't want to spend $350 dollars, but what cha gonna do?

Unread 04-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #924
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is ridiculous. I would love to see detailed pics of it.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #925
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The "new" OPDA looks just like the old OPDA, the part number is the same, so there probably are no changes in the design. I didn't have them take it apart to find out either. Total cost: $445.89, with $377.00 of that being the cost of the OPDA. I sent a copy of my bill to Jeep and now I'm waiting for my partial refund.

I guess we'll see how long this one lasts.

Unread 04-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #926
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I went to use my air compressor this morning (to air up a flat for the hot chick next door) and it didn't work. I went ahead and just changed the flat for her. Anyway tonight I removed all my wiring from the battery to where I spliced in to the compressor wiring, removed the wire connectors and soldered the wires together, which made for a much better connection and bingo, the compressor works again. Better I did this now than in Moab...lol.

And now a photo of the jeep, just because.....

Unread 04-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #927
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
The "new" OPDA looks just like the old OPDA, the part number is the same, so there probably are no changes in the design. I didn't have them take it apart to find out either. Total cost: $445.89, with $377.00 of that being the cost of the OPDA. I sent a copy of my bill to Jeep and now I'm waiting for my partial refund.
Chrysler / Jeep sent me back $188.50, which is better than nothing, especially since it's a non-warranty, non-recall issue. The whole problem still ticks me off though.

Unread 04-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #928
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thats good. Im soo glad I dont have to worry about OPDA issues. You gonna save up all summer then do some more major fall mods?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #929
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Thats good. Im soo glad I dont have to worry about OPDA issues. You gonna save up all summer then do some more major fall mods?
I doubt there'll be anymore mods on the jeep in 2011, but I won't rule it out completely.

Unread 04-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #930
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wow a whole year with no major mods. Hard to believe. You just started. What did you do for your bumpstops?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.