Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #901
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Damn... you have no miles at all. When are you going to finally break in that 4.0L. It is just starting to finish its break-in

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #902
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've put 5,192 miles on it since I bought it on August 20, 2010. During the school year I put about 2 miles a day on it, but during the summer I don't have to drive it to work, so it saves the miles. I'll put some on it come May, when I head out to Moab.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #903
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

While I was out in the middle of nowhere tuning the CB I figued I might as well take a few shots of the Jeep, with it's new look.

Ditch flexing...

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 04-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #904
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't want to hear it about mileage. I put the 16000th mile on the jeep on the way home from the dealer. Now it's at 56xxx. I haven't had it that long...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #905
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well I figured out my SWR. I read the instructions and watched the video before doing the install, but there was one thing that got by me. The "pig tail" that comes off the antenna. The instructions say not to attach that to a ground point, UNLESS YOU NEED IT. Well my old CB had it attached, so I guess I was just doing what I remembered seeing... BTW this is my first CB install. So I went out and removed the pig tail and put the adjustment tip back in the antenna, drove back out to the middle of nowhere and found CH. 1's SWR reading was just a bit higher than CH. 40's. I raised the adjustment tip, just a hair, and bam! The SWR on CH. 1 and CH.40 are the same...1.7. I had moved the ground inside the jeep, from one of the screws around the glove box to one of the bolts that hold my rock sliders on. I don't have the interference anymore. The external speaker and power box are now attached via double sided tape.

The CB seems to work just fine now.

Unread 04-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #906
MCObray

You sir, have a sweet TJ. Like the color and all add-ons you've done to it so far.
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #907
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
You sir, have a sweet TJ. Like the color and all add-ons you've done to it so far.
Thank you.

Unread 04-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #908
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Love this - loveit loveit! I have just picked up a 06 Rubicon - exactly the same as your one used to look like! with 10k more miles on it though.

I spend hours reading all 61 pages of this last night - and I've decided - I'm going to clone your rig - its subtle, and capable, and just damn right shexy! It looks like a mountain lion!

You've already worked out most of the expected kinks in this phase1 build so that saves me some effort. I am subscribed and am raring to see where you will take this. Huge thumbs up!

The biggest difficulty for me will be obtaining similar parts in Canada without paying excessive import tax
tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #909
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramposhay View Post
Love this - loveit loveit!

I've decided - I'm going to clone your rig
Be honest, you just like it because it's Canadian. I can't wait until I can do some more.

Unread 04-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #910
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

haha! fair one - although i'm a Brit - sent to keep an eye on the colonies!

This is my First Jeep, and have definatly caught the bug. It just makes sense living here with all this space to explore. I believe i'm doing a sensible thing copying your build - you obviously have alot of experience and have the same thoughts with this build as i have been thinking for the last few weeks. (you truly, really made my monday when coming across this thread)
Also me coming from an IT background, i can see if i went and picked my own parts i'd be doomed for failure and lots of refixing/testing and redoing - which to be honest i dont have the time to do.

I have already sent a quote request to my local trusted (i hope) off road mechanic shop people i suspect the cost to be slightly higher than yours due to more human labour and general canadian expensiveness - But your jeep should expect a twin in the coming months. Perhaps oneday they will meet!! Thanks again
tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #911
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This build thread needs more building.....which means I need more money.

Unread 04-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #912
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Do a garage sale. I know you got random stuff laying around that people might buy. Start selling plasma. I would just add a good body lift and run 35's with flat flares.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #913
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The front passenger side edge of my Rampage top hasn't been sitting in the windshiled channel like it should be, it always kind of been "lifting out" of the grove. I haven't had any leaking, and the wind hasn't ripped it off, but it just didn't fit well. Today that all changed. It finally warmed up enough to realease the top and make some adjustments to it, so now it fits like a glove. I figured it was cold weather install related, but it still bugged the crap out of me.

Maybe tomorrow will be warm enough for me to work on my trunk.

Unread 04-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #914
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The sun came out and today turned into a really nice day. I worked on my trunk a little. I got all the cut outs done, around the seat brackets and door closure devices. Tomorrow I hope to work on securing it to the jeep, I've got a few things in mind.

I took the rear window out of the Rampage and took the girls for a little spin, even found a dirt road with a little mud.....in my mind I went wheeling today.

Unread 04-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #915
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I worked on my trunk today.

This is how it looks right now.

How I keep it from being lifted out.

With my tool box, tool bag and camera bag inside. There's still room for more stuff.

Things are pretty safe in there. I plan on painting it, adding a cooler to the top, and who knows what else.

Had the windows off today....

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.