Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #76
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Good Luck Jeff! Hope it looks as good as the YJ did!
Thanks, me too.

Tires are on! Antirock was delivered. Winch has been shipped.

Pics of the tires later.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #77
tucanbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
What brand of bumper is that and how much did it run?
not to step on the OPs toes...
but it's Or-fab and its $320 on quadratec
tucanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #78
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Antisipation is killing me! Hurry up. lol
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #79
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Antisipation is killing me! Hurry up. lol
The tires aren't going to be that big of a change.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

They are quieter at hwy speed. My speedo is off, so I may attempt to fix that someday. But then again I was used to it with the YJ. You can notice the power difference even with only moving up one tire size, I'm glad I didn't choose 33's.

I found me some fresh snow to play in.....

Can't wait until the lift goes on Wednesday.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #80
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

New jeeps lookin good. Remember the red bow last year a T4T's run. Gonna do a yellow bow this year?
Unread 12-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #81
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sextiva View Post
New jeeps lookin good. Remember the red bow last year a T4T's run. Gonna do a yellow bow this year?
Thanks. Yes I remember, lost the bow in the first or second mud hole.. The gift wrap spare survived the entire trip though. I missed this years T4T's, despite my efforts.

Unread 12-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #82
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

I was the guy the rode with sobster in the golden eagle. My jeeps a little more capable now though. Really wish i could go back to the badlands, but im living back in ky now. Good to see youre still active.
Unread 12-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #83
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I decided to take some pre-modification clearance measurements:

Front bumper: 18 3/4"
Rear bumber: 17 1/4"
Frame: 14 1/4"
TC skid: 10 3/4"
Front diff: 8 1/2"
Rear diff: 8 1/2"
Tire to flare:
Front: 4"
Rear: 4 3/4"

The tires I'm taking off measured at 29" in the rear and 29 1/2" in the front. I'll post new mesaurements after the Kev's go on, and again when the OME goes on.
Measurements with new 265/75R16 tires:

Front bumper: 20 1/2"
Rear bumber: 18 1/2"
Frame: 15 1/2"
TC skid: 11 3/4"
Front diff: 9 3/4"
Rear diff: 9 3/4"
Tire to flare:
Front: 3"
Rear: 3 3/4"

The spare is just below the 3rd brake light and is just resting on the bumper. There is no rubbing of the control arms at full lock.

Unread 12-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #84
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You get 31s or 32s? Regardless, they look great.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #85
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sextiva View Post
I was the guy the rode with sobster in the golden eagle. My jeeps a little more capable now though. Really wish i could go back to the badlands, but im living back in ky now. Good to see youre still active.
Maybe we'll find our way down to Kentucky for some wheeling someday.

Unread 12-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #86
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
You get 31s or 32s? Regardless, they look great.
Those are the equivalent to 32's, the stockers were 31's.

Unread 12-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #87
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh okay, That's the size I have on my 4runner. Looks real good with about 2.5 inches of lift like you go.

Then again, i have 3.5 on my 31s and it doesnt look horrible

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #88
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

i have 6" with 31's, haha. I definately need to go bigger, but my jeep is my dd and anything bigger is much less practical.

@jeffro, dirty turtle offroad just opened this year. havent been there yet either tho, but everyone seems to like it.
Unread 12-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #89
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am loving it. Wanna Trade? JK Looks awesome.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #90
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Waiting to go on.....

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.