Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 03-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #841
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Do it. I'm not sure my hard top will make it back on next winter. Everytime I've wheeled with the hard top on I feared the trees.
I guess that is better then fearing the reaper (que cowbell).

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #842
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobie View Post
Right you can get it peaked and tuned or get an amp, but legally you can only have a CB with 4 watts output power.
My current CB is mounted on the drivers side between the A-pillar and the instrument cluster. I like it, then again I don't. I've had it this way for almost 2 years.
Just talked to my dad and he said the last time the FCC was in town was when he was a kid, He is turning 49. So i think we will all be okay

Jeff I absolutely agree with you about the hard top and wheeling. There is one obstacle called the top shaver and you literally rub on a tree at the rock and i can't do it in the winter. Top looks awesome
Unread 03-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #843
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Jeff you get the top on yet?
Yep....the pics are that ^ away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Jeff I absolutely agree with you about the hard top and wheeling. There is one obstacle called the top shaver and you literally rub on a tree at the rock and i can't do it in the winter. Top looks awesome
Thanks.....and you were too slow!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #844
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great. Well... If you do keep the hard top, it well help make the soft top last longer by storing it in the winter. If you decide to sell the hard top, put some money away for a second one and you will have a top forever

..... And more money for Jeep mods
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #845
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I ran the YJ for 3 years, and winters, with a soft top, that had a few years on it, and never really wanted a hard top. It'll be interesting to see if I want to put it back on this winter. If I don't selling it for someting I do want will be very tempting.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #846
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

your to fast!!

Ive given it thought and the money i could get makes me want to more, but it is nice and quiet...
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #847
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

When it came time to take the HT off I had to decide how I was gonig to do it. I didn't really want to fork out 2-3 hundred bucks on a hoist system, so I didn't. I went to the hardware store and bought 30' of steel rope, a pulley, and an eye bolt, for about $30.00. With the wife's help the top came off under our own power, and I sat it on the floor.

Now where to store it?

I bought 4 ratchet straps for $20.00, and hung them from the rafters. Then, here's the good part, I used my Superwinch to lift the HT up to the rafters. I attached the straps to the four corners of the HT and snugged it up. I can even walk under it.

$50 spent, top stored and a couple of hundred dollars saved for Jeep stuff, like a new CB.

Unread 03-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #848
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Sell the hardtop. Soft top will do fine in the winter. Especially with full hard doors.

Hell I've ran almost all winter without rear windows even through two 6"+ snow storms and temps below zero. Had about 2" of snow in the back of the Jeep . I was still warm though.
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #849
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The only problem I've noticed with removing my hardtop is I no longer have my JF sticker or my IndyORV stickers.

Unread 03-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #850
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is why I won't place cool stickers on tops. I still have my JF sticker waiting to be added just below or above my windshield... lol.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #851
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The white stickers don't show so well on a yellow jeep, and I won't put stickers on my bumpers. No real worries though, I have another JF sticker right here in front of me.

Unread 03-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #852
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, you are worried about yellow... now think about that with stone white That is why it isn't on yet. So does that mean you are going to be putting on on the soft top so you have one any time the top is on?
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #853
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
So does that mean you are going to be putting on on the soft top so you have one any time the top is on?
Probably.

Unread 03-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #854
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

your jeep is looking good! keep up the good work!
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #855
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Trees and such are what will be doing my top in, I think trees have worn 3 holes in it, and ripped up my front corner. But that top looks great, seems to hug the rollbar more.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.