Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #826
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

If I had a full cage, I'd probably go with the overhead set up.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #827
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Why would anyone want to go to Sterling?
my uncle phil is a firefigther there.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #828
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobie View Post
I've been thinking about picking up that radio too. Most of your range is in your antenna setup anyways. CBs are limited to 4 watts of power as is.
TJs have pretty limited space for these things compared to a YJ and CJ. I really like this setup though and may go this route.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...l#post10821940
4 watts of power? Not sure what your talking about there. Maybe out of the box, but that is not its limitation.. If you go with that CB, you'll be fine for trail use and even talking around town. I have a cb bracket forsale if your interested. I am not using it any more and its a cool location. Check one of my classifieds.

I hear you on the space thing. I have had 10 different CBs and in many locations. Right now its bolted to the center bezel and its not in the way of anything other than the dash space.
Unread 03-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #829
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
4 watts of power? Not sure what your talking about there. Maybe out of the box, but that is not its limitation.. If you go with that CB, you'll be fine for trail use and even talking around town. I have a cb bracket forsale if your interested. I am not using it any more and its a cool location. Check one of my classifieds.

I hear you on the space thing. I have had 10 different CBs and in many locations. Right now its bolted to the center bezel and its not in the way of anything other than the dash space.
Right you can get it peaked and tuned or get an amp, but legally you can only have a CB with 4 watts output power.
My current CB is mounted on the drivers side between the A-pillar and the instrument cluster. I like it, then again I don't. I've had it this way for almost 2 years.
Unread 03-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #830
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Jeff, don't know what the CB you are has size wise, but I seen this the other day.

http://www.oconeeoffroad.com/servlet...-Mount,/Detail

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #831
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

^^ That's the mount I have.
Unread 03-20-2011, 12:31 AM   #832
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

As soon as it warms up the Rampage top is going on....come on spring!!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #833
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Come on Jeff its not to bad down here, it can't be below 30 up there.
Unread 03-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #834
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Come on Jeff its not to bad down here, it can't be below 30 up there.
It's above 30 but it's raining, thundering, and I even saw a little bit of hail bouncing off the living room window. It's supposed to be in the mid 60's tomorrow, so maybe I'll get the top changed then.

Unread 03-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #835
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

It was 80 and sunny here today! Worked on my farmers tan at work. Windy as all hell though. Its Kansas though, windy all the time.
Unread 03-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #836
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you are going to take the seat and brackets out, hit the bolts with some pb blaster or something first. You could probably get away with taking out the rear most set of brackets.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #837
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The sun came out today, for a few hours, the temps hit the mid 60's, so........

I stopped by the house at lunch today and backed the Jeep out of the garage so the top could get some sun and stretch a bit. By the time I got home the sun was hiding behind the clouds, but I managed to get it on. I'm sure once it warms up a bit more I'll be able to fine tune the fitment of it, but so far so good. It's pretty darn quiet even at 70. I'm not sure the hard top will ever go back on...lol.

Unread 03-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #838
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I love the look of that top.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #839
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99goldxj View Post
I love the look of that top.
Me too. Seeing that makes me wanna just sell my hardtop to buy one of those.
Unread 03-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #840
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
Me too. Seeing that makes me wanna just sell my hardtop to buy one of those.
Do it. I'm not sure my hard top will make it back on next winter. Everytime I've wheeled with the hard top on I feared the trees.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.