Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #796
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Out of the three carriage bolts used to hold the Skidrow skid to the stock transfercase skid one of the bolts, the center one, wouldn't sit flush with the skid, so today I replaced that carriage bolt with a button head bolt (accepts an allen wrench in the head) and snugged it right up.

I cleaned the engine up a little bit more too. Used some simple green and a low power pressure wash.

Now I'm thinking about taking the dog for a ride......Sunday boredom at it's finest.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #797
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

That skidrow skid is pure beef. I thought you might paint it up first but it looks great either way. Alot if guys run that skid with the Undercover Fab belly up skid so good news is you can use it when you tuck your tummy. Nice piece of mind.

Glad the I install went well for you. Looks great.

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #798
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
That skidrow skid is pure beef. I thought you might paint it up first but it looks great either way. Alot if guys run that skid with the Undercover Fab belly up skid so good news is you can use it when you tuck your tummy. Nice piece of mind.

Glad the I install went well for you. Looks great.
I thought about painting it first, but it's just going to get banged up anyway. It was heavier than it looked that's for sure.

I won't be so worried about the second half of orange now, you know the boulder field.

If I can use it with a tummy tuck, that's even more good news.

Money well spent...

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #799
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just did the same thing practically, Jeff, except in the opposite order. Took the dog for a ride down to the park then carwash afterwards. Also I was lazy and ran it through the wash instead, engine bay probably still needs a bath...

Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #800
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Regarding your tire convo a few posts ago, I'm glad to hear you comment about how they compare to the ol TrXus MTs. As you know I run the TrXus MTs as well but I'm going to go a different route this summer when I move up to 35s. By far they are the best tires I have ever wheeled, but I wish they had deeper lug depth and would hold up a little longer on the road. I know the GY MTRs are a much harder compound and will outlast the TrXus, but you will have to sacrifice traction for durability.

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #801
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
but you will have to sacrifice traction for durability.
I think you'll find that the MTR isn't lacking in traction.

They finished first and second @ KOH. Just sayin.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #802
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Haha... I had a feeling I would hear you chime in on that... the convo at McDonalds came to mind

I'm not saying they are lacking traction. No doubt, the GY MTRs are amazing, but generally when you switch from a super soft tire to a stronger / harder tire, there will be differences. This is generally speaking, obviously tread design, tread depth, and siping all have an effect as well. I'm only assuming that the MTRs might not be as sticky as the TrXus, but that's only based on the compound differences.

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #803
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Jeff, how did that shovel treat you on the last trip? I know it always used to kick my butt off road.
Unread 03-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #804
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobie View Post
Jeff, how did that shovel treat you on the last trip? I know it always used to kick my butt off road.
I really didn't have an issue with it on the last trip, but I'm interested in seeing if the Skidrow has a little less shovel effect.

Unread 03-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #805
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've been thinking about the security of the stuff I need to carry when I head to Moab. A $400 security trunk is out of the question. I'm thinking about making something out of plywood. I know it won't be theft proof, but it will stop someone from just reaching in and taking stuff while I'm on a pit stop. Here's what I'm kicking around....it's ms paint, not a CAD drawing....

I could use some brackets (or something) to fasten the box to the jeep by way of the seat brackets, so it can't be lifted out. I'm pretty sure I can do this for less than $400 too.

Unread 03-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #806
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cut outs along the seat mounts, and remove the seat belt bolt that is right above the floor? Not the most secure, but it wouldn't be able to be just lifted out.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #807
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojang View Post
Cut outs along the seat mounts, and remove the seat belt bolt that is right above the floor? Not the most secure, but it wouldn't be able to be just lifted out.
I was thinking about something similar to that as well. I won't be leaving valuable stuff in there over night, I'm just trying to prevent that quick walk off theft while I'm at a gas station. It would also keep things from flying all over the place if I get tippy.....which I hope doesn't happen.

Unread 03-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #808
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I see you have the folded rear seat in the drawing... you are planning on taking that? If now, you could build a fully enclosed box similar to what you have drawn, and just bolt it to the seat brackets. Then a bi-fold lid with hinges for easy access and a shed lock. Could be opened while on the road too if the passenger needs to grab something.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #809
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've been folding the seat up and storing everything I need behind it, and haven't even tried to remove this seat, not sure I really want to either, but I might. I'm going to actually look inside the jeep in more detail this weekend, I just took some quick measurements late last night, in the dark.

Unread 03-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #810
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I take my seat in and out all the time Jeff. Just fold, tumble, then slide it to one side (driver's iirc) and the pivot comes out of the other side. A little bulky but not bad at all... especially for our law enforcement folks who are top notch specimens of health and exercise
2008 Rubi Unlimited: Gone!
Smashin' Punkin - 06 Rubi LJ, Cummins QSB3.3, work in progress
IndyORV
Red_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.