Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #781
frAnken_rubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I can't wait to go to moab. First I need to buy a trailer. Anyone want to sell me one?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/frankin_rubi-tj-build-1140219
frAnken_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #782
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm doing the "ultimate adventure", driving the Rubicon there and back!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #783
kt2007
1996 ZJ 

good luck on that and sounds like a lot of fun. Rig looks great.
kt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #784
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

There is a Jeep app called Trip Cast on the iPhone/iPod. I would imagine androids have one too. It would be perfect for said Epic Adventure.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #785
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
There is a Jeep app called Trip Cast on the iPhone/iPod. I would imagine androids have one too. It would be perfect for said Epic Adventure.
I don't do fancy phones....in fact I have a sort of hate for cell phones, since I have to wear one all the time.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #786
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Whoops... I was thinking of SuperWade for some reason. He uses his droid as a scanguage. I agree with you on the phone thing honestly. Mine can only make texts and phone calls, and that is all I need it to do. I would like an iPhone, but I don't want to pay for the service that thing requires. I enjoy relaxing in the radio station because there is no service and everyone knows I will not answer a call or text when I am there. It is a beautiful thing
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #787
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Took a trip to the hardware store tonight, picked me up all new bolts for the Skidrow engine skid, maybe I'll put it on tomorrow afternoon.

Unread 03-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #788
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I managed to remove the factory skid and put on my "new" Skidrow skid today.

I even threw a new sticker on it, to make it look new.

I no longer have to worry about the front drive shaft rubbing on the cross member of the old skid!

I decided to put some grip tape on the rock rails...they get slippery when muddy.

The good new is I didn't hurt myself this time, no cuts, scrapes, bumps or bruises. Some of the bolts on this thing aren't the easiest to get to either, so I'm kind of surprised I'm not bleeding.

Unread 03-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #789
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It was a cold, windy, overcast day, so what better to do than go out and take some pics of the Jeep?

With a different effect:

Unread 03-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #790
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 03-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #791
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great Jeff, I took a few pictures myself.
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #792
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

How are you liking those Goodyears jeff?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #793
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
How are you liking those Goodyears jeff?
No complaints thus far. I won't go so far as to say I like them better than the TrXus MT's I had on my YJ though.

Unread 03-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #794
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

How do they do in the mud Jeff?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #795
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
How do they do in the mud Jeff?
They seem to do fine. Last trip out I did get stuck, but I blame that more on me not wanting to scuff the side of my jeep up, as it was almost rubbing a wall (for the lack of a better term). I've climbed up some slippery stuff with them. The two times I've been out, since getting them, it's been snowy, rainy and muddy.

They are pretty quiet on the road, and ride very nice as well.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.