Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #736
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just saw the price on Amazon. That is great since they offer prime with it. I would get free 2 day on that. I jut might have to pick one up this summer... or hold out one more summer. The soft top on my Jeep is starting to get a little more warn than I would like.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #737
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I washed the jeep today.....figured I should get it all shiny so I can get it all muddy on Saturday.

I need to order some door surrounds for the Rampage top, and a header. I'm pretty sure there isn't anything on the windshield, under the top to attach it to. I've never had the top off. That will be chaning soon, I hope.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #738
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Get a Bestop or Rampage no drill header. You'll have to remove it when the hard top goes back on but it's easy.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #739
mhcurlee
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
The wilson 3' or 4' flex is supposed to bend 180 degrees...much like the photo you posted. I've read the Firestick, non-flex, transmits further, but is more prone to breakage. So I think I'll go flexible.
Get a old-school 102" whip!!! ;-)
mhcurlee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #740
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Get a Bestop or Rampage no drill header. You'll have to remove it when the hard top goes back on but it's easy.
I was looking at the Bestop no drill. Probably going to order the door surrounds, tailgate piece and no drill header real soon, being as how my top has shipped.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #741
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice man. Try to get some OEM door surrounds and tailgate piece on CL or Ebay. BTW, see you Saturday.
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #742
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice man. Try to get some OEM door surrounds and tailgate piece on CL or Ebay. BTW, see you Saturday.
I'll be there......no really, I'll be there, no locking myself out of the jeep this time.

ps....I'll look on CL and e-bay....but I kind of have a phobia of those sites.

Unread 03-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #743
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-06...#ht_500wt_1182
Unread 03-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #744
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Check this out:
I saw that while looking around. I went ahead and ordered the Mopar door surrounds, with the tail gate piece, along with the Bestop no-drill header, for about $20 more than that, including shipping, from Qtec, no less.

It may be out there cheaper, but it's on it's way, which is what really matters to me.

Now I have to see if my buddy who sold his jeep still has his top hoist.

Unread 03-02-2011, 07:04 AM   #745
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

A quick look through the years.....

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #746
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Tear it up this weekend.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #747
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

did you ever get a new TR?
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #748
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
did you ever get a new TR?
Tie Rod? Nope....I'm not real worried (knock on wood) about the tie rod for wheeling at the Badlands, but I'm thinking about swapping it out before Moab.

At this point I have to be a bit more careful on how and what I buy for the jeep. The wife took the news on the new top and the door surrounds pretty good, but I don't want to push it and turn her against the jeep...

I've got a roof and siding to put on the house as soon as it starts warming up, so I'll soon be broke.

Unread 03-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #749
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How hard was the slider reinforcement install? What kind of rivet gun did you use and how does it work? Ill be getting rokmen sliders with no step hopefully when taxes come. Dont really see the need for a step round here.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #750
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
How hard was the slider reinforcement install? What kind of rivet gun did you use and how does it work? Ill be getting rokmen sliders with no step hopefully when taxes come. Dont really see the need for a step round here.
The slider install was pretty simple, the reinforcement install was even more simple. Loosening the seat bracket bolts was probably the hardest part of the install...and that's not saying much.

The rivets come with the reinforcement bracket. I didn't have a rivet gun so I just ran down to the local hardware store and bought a basic gun for $16, so it cost me a dollar a rivet.

As for how "it" works, do mean how dose the rivet gun work? If so, you squeeze it, squeeze it harder, squeeze it even harder, squeeze real hard..POP! The rivet is in place.

As for the step, we're a vertically challanged family so it's a handy helper even when no rocks are around.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.