Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #61
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post

I stopped at a local stop-n-rob for some pops and poptarts...you gotta eat someting along the way, after all it's a 3.5 hour drive on a good day.

The trouble started while I was filling my little cooler. The jeep was running, and apparently when I put the cooler in the jeep I also put my extra key in the jeep....

I tried to open it myself (after all I have acquired a certain set of skills....that's another story) but it wasn't to be. I ended up calling a lock smith. Whoever said a jeep was easy to break into must be a professional car thief. He ended up having to pick the lock.

By the time I was back in the jeep it was an hour and a half later....I should have been half way to the Badlands. The snow was now heavier and the roads sucked. The plows were just coming out.

I decided to cut my losses and go home. I figured it'd take me at least an extra hour, if not two, to get to the Badlands...and I'd lose an hour due to the time change on the way. I figured I wouldn't get there until 11:30 or noon, which wouldn't leave me with about 4hrs wheeling time, and then have to drive back home. Driving 8 hours or more, round trip, in the snow, on Illinois roads, to wheel for 4 hours no longer sounded like fun to me.

Add to the above two jerk off drunks came into the stop-n-rob while I was there and started mounthing off. Things didn't go too well for them, I was in a mood by then. Only words were exchanged, but I can't type them here..

Oh well I guess the next time my jeep hits the trail it won't be stock.

I was supposed to drop off some parts as well as pick up a skid plate today, so that has me bummed a bit.

I think I might go take some pictures of the snow......
Damn man that's rough, at least you got your keys out though. As far as the poptarts and pop, I thought I was the only one who had those two items on long drives

Can't wait to see the jeep lifted with those kevlars.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #62
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Damn man that's rough, at least you got your keys out though. As far as the poptarts and pop, I thought I was the only one who had those two items on long drives

Can't wait to see the jeep lifted with those kevlars.
You gotta have the pop and the tarts....strawberry frosted... I'm getting a non-sentry hide a key made for sure. The locksmith is going to cost me more than the wheeling trip would have....

Tires go on tomorrow!!!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #63
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You gotta have the pop and the tarts....strawberry frosted... I'm getting a non-sentry hide a key made for sure. The locksmith is going to cost me more than the wheeling trip would have....

Tires go on tomorrow!!!
That is what I did, the nonsentry key. $2 at Home depot for one with the nice black cover over the top. Just make sure you tell them that you have a chip, you understand that it can destroy your vehicle and they are not responsible. They will still guarantee the cut though.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #64
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This is the last photo of the Rubicon in stock form.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #65
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered.....now I need a bumper.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #66
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Depending how long you can wait, I can sell you my cut stocker and warn winch plate, or just the winch plate if you can wait until I can make my new one next semester.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #67
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Depending how long you can wait, I can sell you my cut stocker and warn winch plate, or just the winch plate if you can wait until I can make my new one next semester.
Too late.....

Ordered!

Thanks for the offer James, but I didn't even see it, until after I bought the bumper.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #68
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Fair nuff.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 12-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #69
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Fair nuff.
Once the fingers start typing in orders it's hard to stop......

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #70
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Once the fingers start typing in orders it's hard to stop......
You don't have to tell me. lol

Although... I'm beginning to enjoy the fabbing part more. A few more classes and I'll feel much more comfortable with some of the more crazy plans I've got.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #71
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You don't have to tell me. lol

Although... I'm beginning to enjoy the fabbing part more. A few more classes and I'll feel much more comfortable with some of the more crazy plans I've got.
I couldn't fab my way out of a wet paper bag. Sure wish I could.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #72
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've been helping guys weld all semester. You'd be easy. It's all about practice. Once you can weld, it's like riding a bike. Fabbing is easy after that, it's just cutting metal and putting it back together. These front tubes have been the hardest thing I've ever done on the Jeep. Bending tube is a kick in the nuts. I'd rather be doing just about anything else.

Unread 12-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #73
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I drop off the jeep in an hour!

Unread 12-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #74
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Good Luck Jeff! Hope it looks as good as the YJ did!

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #75
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What brand of bumper is that and how much did it run?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.