Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 02-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #721
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like you ended up being the guinea on the MV-50 install. It'll be interesting to see if I have the same issues. I'm also considering just mounting mine on the fender but not sure if I'll have room because of the Metalcloak inner fenders. Everything sits up higher and I don't know if there's enough clearance under the hood. I'm gonna work on mine tomorrow. Glad your compressor itself wasn't damaged.

Unread 02-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #722
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
Looks like you ended up being the guinea on the MV-50 install. It'll be interesting to see if I have the same issues. I'm also considering just mounting mine on the fender but not sure if I'll have room because of the Metalcloak inner fenders. Everything sits up higher and I don't know if there's enough clearance under the hood. I'm gonna work on mine tomorrow. Glad your compressor itself wasn't damaged.
I had nothing better to do today so I gave it a whirl. I think the extra long cord may have had something to do with it. It started smoking right away when I turned it on. I was like holy!!

After doing the wire/fuse change all appears fine. Only time will really tell.

I'm curious to see if it'll fit on the fender with the MC's too, since that's the way I want to go......someday.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #723
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

sorry to hijack your thread jeffro06, but while you are on the subject of CB's do any of you know if you can get a 3' or 4' antenna for a hand held CB?
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #724
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont_24 View Post
sorry to hijack your thread jeffro06, but while you are on the subject of CB's do any of you know if you can get a 3' or 4' antenna for a hand held CB?
I'll let it slide, this time.

I was looking at CB's here and found this 27" antenna for a hand held.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #725
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

May pull the trigger on one of those compressors. If it fills tires it fills tires!! Thats all i need
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #726
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I'll let it slide, this time.

I was looking at CB's here and found this 27" antenna for a hand held.
Thanks! Might have to buy that. Great build by the way. Ive been watching in the shadows.
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 01:02 AM   #727
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I read quite a few reviews, didn't see anything bad. I'm not looking for 10-mile range, just a good trail set up. A mile or two of coverage would make me happy.
They do not transmit very far in my experience. I have never really checked the distance, but if I drive down the highway with mine on 19, it stays pretty quiet. I think you might be pushing it with the two mile range. Maybe this weekend we can do a distance test.

My MV-50 gets here tmw. Been reading some of the mod threads......

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #728
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice job mounting that compressor!

I just wanted to chime in on the CB antenna topic. I went through RightChannelRadios.com and got more help then I even asked for. They recommended Firestik w/ tunable tip but I also wanted to go flexible since I saw Drew was sporting the wilson flex 4', so I went against the advice of the experts at RCR and purchased a 3' wilson flex. I installed it, tuned it with a SWR meter, and returned it two days later .

It would work perfectly within half mile, but anything beyond was complete static. I would lose convos with truckers and still be able to see them in my rear view. I returned it for a 3' firestik w/ tunable tip. It is not as flexible but only sits about 6" above my hardtop and flexes enough to allow obstacles to pass over. I immediately noticed a HUGE improvement even before tuning it. Once tuned properly, I was able to reach other CBs up to 5 miles away, and HAM radios beyond 20 miles.

Just wanted to share my experiences with you.
Unread 02-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #729
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

As far as CB's go, I'm going to hold off for awhile. I have a CB rigged up to plug in a lighter, which I've used in the past, and it works on the trail. I also have some little Cobra 21 channel hand helds.

Besides, I may have just ordered a Rampage bowless top. Now I'm going to need door surrounds, the windshield channel and the tailgate channel.....I think that's all.

Unread 02-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #730
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

U thought you were done with mods!!!!!!
Unread 02-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #731
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
U thought you were done with mods!!!!!!
Anyone that thought I'd drive around with a hard top on all summer was smoking crack.

Unread 02-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #732
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Im ordering one as well haha
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #733
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Im ordering one as well haha
The cheapest I could find the sailcloth version was on Amazon, even with shipping it was cheaper than everywhere else I looked, even before their shipping.

Unread 02-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #734
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That's awesome Jeff can't wait to see it on there. Im glad your putting one on your jeep since you take alot of pictures when you install something. I have been eyeballing that top. P.S fixed my AC today that picture was a big help. Thanks again for taking the time to take the pic and post it.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #735
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
That's awesome Jeff can't wait to see it on there. Im glad your putting one on your jeep since you take alot of pictures when you install something. I have been eyeballing that top. P.S fixed my AC today that picture was a big help. Thanks again for taking the time to take the pic and post it.
It's still going to be awhile before it gets warm enough to install a soft top though. So the wait may be longer than I like.

Glad the pic helped, even if just a little!

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.