Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 02-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #676
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
My MV-50 air compressor came today. It's missing one of the rubber footies, but it airs up a tire from 10 psi to 30 psi pretty darn quick. Hard mounting it is going to happen. I don't have time to mess with it tonight though.
You are running 33's right? By really damn quick do you mean 5 mins? 10mins? Did it get hot?

Just curious as I have read posts all over the place on this.....curious to hear from someone I (kinda) know....

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #677
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerumps View Post
You are running 33's right? By really damn quick do you mean 5 mins? 10mins? Did it get hot?

Just curious as I have read posts all over the place on this.....curious to hear from someone I (kinda) know....
"32x10.5's" It was more like 2 mins. Tomorrow I'll have time to mess with it a bit and I'll air down all four to 10lbs and time how long it takes to do each tire.

It looks like it'll just fit on the empty ABS tray on the driver's side.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #678
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This morning I aired down all 4 of my 265/75R16 MTR's to 10 psi, then I used the MV-50 to air them back up. I stoppped and checked the first tire at 1:30 and it was at 25 psi so I let fill for a bit more, and hit 30 psi. I wasn't exact but I'm sure it hit 30 psi in no more than 2-miuntes. I let the next to tires fill for 2 -minutes, they were just over 30 psi. I let the last tire fill for 1:50 and it was kust under 30 psi. I used my tire guage to release air until they were all at 28 psi. So in less than 15-minutes I had filled all four tires, set them to the correct psi and was ready to go, which is less time than it sometimes takes at the Badlands.

I usually over fill them at the Badlands and then back them down as well. The guage on the MV-50 seems to be pretty useless. The MV-50 did get hot to the touch, but it's a motor, so it should.

The ABS tray seems pretty tight for hard mounting it. I'm not sure I like the fender mounted option I've seen, so at this point I'm undecided as to where I'm going to mount it, if anywhere. I'll have to think about it.

But it's nice to have air and not have to rely on others for it.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #679
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So in less than 15-minutes I had filled all four tires, set them to the correct psi and was ready to go, which is less time than it sometimes takes at the Badlands.
I don't want to complain to much, but the air station at the Badlands is slow and a pain in the butt in general.

I just sold some old parts and have some $$$$ burning a hole in my pocket.....hmmmmm

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #680
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerumps View Post
I don't want to complain to much, but the air station at the Badlands is slow and a pain in the butt in general.

I just sold some old parts and have some $$$$ burning a hole in my pocket.....hmmmmm
There have been times when the compressor at the Badlands wasn't even on, then we had to wait for it to fill it's tank before it'd actually air anything up....it seemed like it took forever.

For $60 I'll be happy if this compressor lasts me a couple of years. Trying to air up multiple jeeps at a time may be a bit much for this little guy, and could risk burning it up. So if anyone is planning on mooching, I'd suggest getting your own.

Unread 02-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #681
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The trick is to beat all your buddies out of the park and head to BP in town. That compressor is fast and free.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #682
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
The trick is to beat all your buddies out of the park and head to BP in town. That compressor is fast and free.
That's true, but I also wanted to have something for my trip out west, where BP's may be fewer and farther between.

Unread 02-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #683
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

IDK about out west, but here in the east BP stations still charge like every other station for air (except for stewards of course which seems to be faster than the paid pumps anyway).
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #684
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
Thats right, just don't leave your Dr.Pepper on the right front fender and drive off from the BP. It really shakes it up when it rolls across the road.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #685
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I use to have that little MV-50 air compressor and it did a great job and was quite durable. I got the upgraded model a couple years ago (MV-89G) aka green monster and I couldn't be any happier. It's quite bigger then my MV-50 since it's dual cylinders but it's much faster then the air at the Cliffs and the Badlands.

I've thought about converting mine from portable to on-board as well but haven't found a location for it. I thought about the engine compartment but fear that it will short out if submerged in water.

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #686
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

For now the MV-50 will be living in it's case.......I'll wait and see what DaFuzz does.....

Unread 02-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #687
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
For now the MV-50 will be living in it's case.......I'll wait and see what DaFuzz does.....
I see what you did there.
Unread 02-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #688
Jay1606
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ok im loving ur build...
but ive been lookin for those end caps on page 1.... you know the things u got when u took off the jugs?!
i want them and i cant find em anywhere, can u tell me where u got em...?
Jay1606 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #689
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1606 View Post
ok im loving ur build...
but ive been lookin for those end caps on page 1.... you know the things u got when u took off the jugs?!
i want them and i cant find em anywhere, can u tell me where u got em...?
I didn't, Hendrix mentioned em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Hey Mopar still makes those block off plates for the front and rear bumpers. They replace those ugly Jugs.

Part number:
55078138-AA
55078139-AA
Try Mopar Parts America.

Unread 02-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #690
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Since we had a nice sunny warm(er) day today I decided to finish up my slider. I pulled the Jeep into the driveway, not the garage, where I had plenty of light and room to work.

I removed all the bolts (not all at once) and coated the holes I had drilled with some rustoleum paint. Of course I put the bolts back in afterwards.

I also installed the reinforcment brackets I bought. This was a good time to that since I had to remove three of the slider side bolts to mount each bracket anyway. Installing these brackets meant losening the bolts on the seat frame brackets in order to slide the reinforcement bracket into place. Each bracket is attached to the floor pan with pop rivets, which was actually the hardest part....hard on the hands that is, squeezing that stupid rivet gun, over and over. There are 8 rivets to a side.

The good news is, I'm done and I didn't even hurt myself.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.