Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #46
K.C.'sTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Where did you order your lift from? Old Man Emu is the way I think I'll go if I lift mine. Looking forward to seeing pics once you get everything done. Subscribing....

It's in the middle of nowhere, only one way to get there, you gotta get a little mud on the tires. - Brad Paisley
K.C.'sTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #47
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C.'sTJ View Post
Where did you order your lift from? Old Man Emu is the way I think I'll go if I lift mine. Looking forward to seeing pics once you get everything done. Subscribing....
4wheel drive hardware It was on sale when I bought it, cheapest I could find it at the time.

I'm looking forward to seeing it once it's done too. I'll have plenty of pictures.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #48
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm itching to get my tires and lift on. It's killing me.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #49
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeff, I've got your engine skid. I'm planning on bringing it up tomorrow. You'll be there, right?
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 03:13 AM   #50
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Jeff, I've got your engine skid. I'm planning on bringing it up tomorrow. You'll be there, right?
I'm goint to try. If the roads suck so bad it'd take me twice as long to get there, I'll have to abort. Wish me luck.

Unread 12-04-2010, 03:33 AM   #51
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Happy Birthday! Nice lookin Yellow Rubi you got there. Looking forward to seeing the lift and sways on there.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #52
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
Happy Birthday! Nice lookin Yellow Rubi you got there. Looking forward to seeing the lift and sways on there.
Hey, thanks. The fun starts Monday.

Unread 12-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #53
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This morning I was suposed to go to the Badlands, in Attica Indiana, for the Toys-4-Tots run, which would be Jeeps Going Wild's first event, since the name change / re-organization.

This is what I woke up to....

The snow wasn't going to stop me, and actually it didn't.

I stopped at a local stop-n-rob for some pops and poptarts...you gotta eat someting along the way, after all it's a 3.5 hour drive on a good day.

The trouble started while I was filling my little cooler. The jeep was running, and apparently when I put the cooler in the jeep I also put my extra key in the jeep....

I tried to open it myself (after all I have acquired a certain set of skills....that's another story) but it wasn't to be. I ended up calling a lock smith. Whoever said a jeep was easy to break into must be a professional car thief. He ended up having to pick the lock.

By the time I was back in the jeep it was an hour and a half later....I should have been half way to the Badlands. The snow was now heavier and the roads sucked. The plows were just coming out.

I decided to cut my losses and go home. I figured it'd take me at least an extra hour, if not two, to get to the Badlands...and I'd lose an hour due to the time change on the way. I figured I wouldn't get there until 11:30 or noon, which wouldn't leave me with about 4hrs wheeling time, and then have to drive back home. Driving 8 hours or more, round trip, in the snow, on Illinois roads, to wheel for 4 hours no longer sounded like fun to me.

Add to the above two jerk off drunks came into the stop-n-rob while I was there and started mounthing off. Things didn't go too well for them, I was in a mood by then. Only words were exchanged, but I can't type them here..

Oh well I guess the next time my jeep hits the trail it won't be stock.

I was supposed to drop off some parts as well as pick up a skid plate today, so that has me bummed a bit.

I think I might go take some pictures of the snow......

Unread 12-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #54
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Cant wait to the results bud, its gonna be a sweet build. But why not get 285's and get a BL later?
Mopar Rubicon Rockers,Warn Front Bumper, Bestop Rear Bumper, Banks Exhaust, K&N FIPK
Next: 1.25 Inch Body lift, SAVVY Corner Armor and Steering, PSC Rocker Knockers
Down the Road: Ford 8.8, 3 Inch Springs, 35" Mud Grapplers on Black 20's
TOLjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #55
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLjeep View Post
Cant wait to the results bud, its gonna be a sweet build. But why not get 285's and get a BL later?
The transmission was the biggest factor in choosing tires. The 42RLE sucks with 33's. I went long enough with bad gearing in the YJ that I didn't feel like screwing the pooch on this one, right off the bat.

This is "Stage 1". Maybe once I've wheeled it a few times (and made some payments ) I'll move on to bigger tires and gears. As for now I'm trying to decide what else is going on in Stage 1, if anything.....

Unread 12-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #56
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I stopped by the tire store....my new kev's in! All set for a Monday morning install. They sure looked pretty all stacked up behind the counter...

Unread 12-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #57
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You gonna dye the letters or leave em white?
Mopar Rubicon Rockers,Warn Front Bumper, Bestop Rear Bumper, Banks Exhaust, K&N FIPK
Unread 12-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #58
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLjeep View Post
You gonna dye the letters or leave em white?
Won't beable to decide that until I see them on. I can't say that I'm thrilled about having RWL, but then again I haven't seen 'em on yet.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #59
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would say leave em white. I dont see why so many people hate them. Why buy good tires if you cant show what they are. I didnt really have a choice, but if i did they would be white out. Anyway i think they'll look look sweet on your yellow rubi. Especially with the '06 moabs.
Unread 12-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #60
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I decided to take some pre-modification clearance measurements:

Front bumper: 18 3/4"
Rear bumber: 17 1/4"
Frame: 14 1/4"
TC skid: 10 3/4"
Front diff: 8 1/2"
Rear diff: 8 1/2"
Tire to flare:
Front: 4"
Rear: 4 3/4"

The tires I'm taking off measured at 29" in the rear and 29 1/2" in the front. I'll post new mesaurements after the Kev's go on, and again when the OME goes on.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.