Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #571
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Simple answer, it came from a YJ so it needs mounts for a TJ. The axle shafts are smaller or weaker IIRC. Axle disconnect is something that the YJ had. It disconnects the drive shaft so that the shaft isn't spinning unless it is in 4wd. The drive shaft was not balanced and would vibe it it spun at highway speed. TJ shafts are balanced, so they spin with the front axle.

In short, not worth it for you if he dropped it in your garage for free (unless you swapped the carrier with yours to get the gearing).

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #572
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unless you need the axle for a YJ, I wouldn't bother with it either. It's here if anyone needs it, for free, if they can come and get it.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #573
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Didnt think it would work....but I am on the lookout for HP D30 that will work. If I truss it, then it would be as good as a D44 for ALOT less $$$$.

I have a D30 with 4.88's and Lock-Rites that I would sell or trade. The HP D30 isnt high on my list, but I wont turn down a good deal if I find one.

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #574
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Come to Indy. There are about 4-5 XJ HP30's (bolt into a TJ) in great shape sitting in the junkyard on any given day. I'll go pull you one for a small fee.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #575
tucanbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Come to Indy. There are about 4-5 XJ HP30's (bolt into a TJ) in great shape sitting in the junkyard on any given day. I'll go pull you one for a small fee.
not to highjack this futher, but can you help me idenitfy this axle in a JY? we have tons of xjs
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #576
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucanbob View Post
not to highjack this futher, but can you help me idenitfy this axle in a JY? we have tons of xjs
Look at your axle, look where the positioning of the pinion is on the back of the diff. You will see that it's on the low side.

Now go look at an HP30 and see what's different? The pinion is raised up.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #577
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

A pinion and ring gear intersect perpendicularly so that pinion is either rotating the ring gear on the bottom (LP) or top (HP). It's very easy to see the difference. If you don't already know, the drive shaft is connected to the yoke, which is connected to the pinion. Not all XJ's had the HP30 you want so do a little research before you pull one. You don't want the disconnect HP30 or the LP30 from the late XJ's. 95-99 will for sure have a HP30 you want.

SORRY FOR THE HIJACK, JEFF!
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #578
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Where in Indy and what are they running cost wise....I PULL

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #579
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
SORRY FOR THE HIJACK, JEFF!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #580
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #581
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #582
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks sweet man. Liking the outcome on the Rubi. Looks stockish but yet so capable. tummy Tuck time?
Mopar Rubicon Rockers,Warn Front Bumper, Bestop Rear Bumper, Banks Exhaust, K&N FIPK
Next: 1.25 Inch Body lift, SAVVY Corner Armor and Steering, PSC Rocker Knockers
Down the Road: Ford 8.8, 3 Inch Springs, 35" Mud Grapplers on Black 20's
TOLjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #583
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLjeep View Post
Looks sweet man. Liking the outcome on the Rubi. Looks stockish but yet so capable. tummy Tuck time?
Thanks.....a tummy tuck will be down the road a bit.

Unread 02-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #584
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

What are you planning for a TT? Something like UCF, Savvy, Rockmen?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #585
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
What are you planning for a TT? Something like UCF, Savvy, Rockmen?
At this point it's more like wishing.

A TT that's flush with the frame, Rokmen control arms, and new drive shafts would all have to be done at that time as well.....so it's on the back burner for now.

It's time to finish up what I've bought and enjoy it for awhile.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.