Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #556
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Got ne pics painted without the winch? How much shorter is that than the stock bumper? I cant decide between 46,45,44in bumpers.
I didn't any pics of it painted, without the winch, I was in a too excited and couldn't wait to get the winch on.

This Rokmen is 46" wide, which looks to be at least 4" narrower than the stock bumper (without the jugs). There's just enough room to mount tow hooks and a set of lights, as you can see. The front tires aren't obstructed by the bumper either. I like it.

I did find when I took the old bumper and plastic cover off that there were 4 more mounting holes exposed, which the bumper was pre-drilled for. A quick trip to the hardware store for some grade 8 bolts and it was all secure.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #557
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do you still have the stock rear bumper and milk jugs?
Unread 02-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #558
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Do you still have the stock rear bumper and milk jugs?
I still have the rear bumper, but I'm taking it to Bennettj13 in March.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #559
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

love the MTR's i got them running 35s they cant be stopped amazing in snow mud ice and everything . but to heavy i have like 9ounces on the front
Unread 02-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #560
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dang alright. Want something for the Sport to help sell it, ill post pictures on my build thread of the ugly trailer hitch thing that the Rubicon came with soon.
Unread 02-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #561
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Having my Rokmen sliders sitting here in the living room with me, staring at me, really sucks.

Unread 02-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #562
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Having my Rokmen sliders sitting here in the living room with me, staring at me, really sucks.
They really do not take that long to install.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #563
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It took me an hour to install my a to z's that being because my drill battery died!
Unread 02-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #564
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
It took me an hour to install my a to z's that being because my drill battery died!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
They really do not take that long to install.
It's more about having the room than it is about having the time.

Unread 02-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #565
nassin2
2005 WK 

From reading earlier posts it sounds like you have a small garage and that's gonna make it tough to install the sliders. Could you park with one side of the Jeep up close to one wall of the garage to install the slider on one side and then do the opposite for the other side? It would drive me nuts to have parts sitting around and not be able to install them.
Black WK Club Member #11
nassin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #566
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassin2 View Post
From reading earlier posts it sounds like you have a small garage and that's gonna make it tough to install the sliders. Could you park with one side of the Jeep up close to one wall of the garage to install the slider on one side and then do the opposite for the other side? It would drive me nuts to have parts sitting around and not be able to install them.
I just mentioned that very scenario to the wife. It may work, but I'll have to clean out everything that I don't need in there.

It's times like this I wish someone would come get that D30 out of there.

Unread 02-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #567
BADBOY-RUBICON

Nice job! Love the Yellow Rubi!!
BADBOY-RUBICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #568
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I just mentioned that very scenario to the wife. It may work, but I'll have to clean out everything that I don't need in there.

It's times like this I wish someone would come get that D30 out of there.
Is it a High Pinion D30?

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #569
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerumps View Post
Is it a High Pinion D30?
Yes. 4.10 gears, out of a YJ, so it has the axle disconnect. Whoever comes and gets it can have it.

I also know I posted this reply this morning, but now it's gone.....

Unread 02-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #570
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes. 4.10 gears, out of a YJ, so it has the axle disconnect. Whoever comes and gets it can have it.

I also know I posted this reply this morning, but now it's gone.....
I dont think it is, but do you know if this is a direct bolt-in for 2004 TJ? What is a axle disconnect? If direct bolt-in then how much are you asking for it?

Thanks

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.