Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #496
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would have just sold it and said I never received nothin. Down with the big corporations they deserved to get plugged in the butt. j/k its good being honest even if someone screws you.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #497
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You should take a month and a half to send it back for some revenge
Unread 01-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #498
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I "stopped" the UPS guy today and he agreed to pick up the bumper. He followed me back to my house and I loaded it up, didn't even make him do it. When I told him I needed to send back the big box he dropped off yesterday he was like "No freaking way!" Well, it's gone now, no freebie for me.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #499
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I had the OPDA "repair" done today. I stopped in and snapped a couple of pictures.

There was some wear on the cam gear they replaced, not as bad as some I've seen on here, but wear just the same. The OPDA spun like top, no resistance on the shaft.

I picked it up this afternoon, it runs great, no issues. I didn't figure there would be. I had to pay for the "repair" in full ($149.00) and Chrysler is going to reimburse me once I send them of copy the bill and my reciept. They said I wouldn't have to pay anymore than 50%, but didn't rule out full reimbursement.

I don't know what more could have been done at this point, being as how the OPDA units are on major backorder, and even if you get one it's the same faulty product.

I'll stick with the TDT Mobil 1 and hope for the best I guess.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #500
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going to see about getting the LoD welded up on Friday.

Unread 01-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #501
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

For the record the cam drive gear "repair" does nothing. I haven't heard a sound out of my OPDA since doing the oil change, a week before this repair. This morning, I could hear it. It wasn't loud, but I could hear it. I've done what Chrylser authorized, and it clearly did nothing. I will be writing a letter and probably more.

I didn't figure the "repair" would solve the issue, but I sure didn't think it would bring back the sound I had gotten rid of, with a simple oil change.

The saga contiues.

EDIT: The sound went away quickly, wasn't very loud when I heard it, but today it was 30 degrees warmer than is was a few days ago, before the "repair", and it wasn't making any noise then. Good fix Chrylser, thanks for wasting my money! Idiots.

EDIT: No sound after work, nothing, quiet as can be. I'm done worrying about it, drive on.

Unread 01-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #502
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You could always bring it back It is under guarantee now that they "fixed" it.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #503
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
You could always bring it back It is under guarantee now that they "fixed" it.
Its not worth it. They will never actually fix it unless some moneybags sues the hell of them
Unread 01-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #504
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

We got a couple of inches of snow today, so after shoveling a couple of driveways, with one of my daughters, I managed to throw it into 4wd for a couple of minutes while driving through some fresh virgin snow.

It was the best couple of minutes of my day.

Unread 01-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #505
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Shouldve left it in 2wd and kick that rearend out in a parking lot. Cant wait to see the bumper and sliders all painted and mounted. Hopefully by this coming monday?
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #506
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Shouldve left it in 2wd and kick that rearend out in a parking lot. Cant wait to see the bumper and sliders all painted and mounted. Hopefully by this coming monday?
Monday! Oh man, I wish.

Unread 01-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #507
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, How about before the Super Bowl. Cant wait to see next phase of goodies coming in. Go pick up some MasterCraft Extreme Grab Handles from 4wd or something. Ive got a 5%off code too. They are stout and beefy and hold my entire weight aka ive swung from them multiple times.
Unread 01-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #508
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The LoD rear bumper is on. The four crossmember bolts were not used. The two brackets the bolts went through are welded directly to the cross member, as is the reciever hitch. The two frame bolts were used, but I also had those tabs welded to the frame. This bumper isn't coming off unless it has to.

The top of the bumper is now flush with the top of the crossmember, and the spare no longer rubs on the bumper.

I'll get a few pics up later.

Unread 01-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #509
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 01-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #510
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.