Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREERuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 01-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #451
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
It's been lost in the chatter, so here's what the jeep looks like now...

That one was an HDR, so it's not quite natural looking.

Photo by: 99goldxj
And for reference.....when you first off roaded it.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #452
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I really like that front bumper and it was the one I was gonna buy but now Im thinking about going with the new rockbrawler bumper from posion spyder. Its 44''wide and the rokmen is 46''. It does cost a little more and then you have to buy a winch plate. But im not going to be using a winch so it dont matter.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #453
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Went home for lunch and was met by the FedEx man.

I dropped the front bumper and rockers off for paint this morning too.

I just realized, I don't have any more new parts coming.....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #454
97tjeff
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeffro....all of the pictures in your thread are coming up as red x's.....
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #455
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tjeff View Post
Jeffro....all of the pictures in your thread are coming up as red x's.....
I think that's a JF thing, I had trouble even getting on here. I see them, but have had some slow loads too.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #456
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I just realized, I don't have any more new parts coming.....
You know how to fix that don't you?
Unread 01-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #457
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
You know how to fix that don't you?
Call your mom?

Unread 01-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #458
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey does that bumper mount up? 3 bolts a side? Or am I missing something
Unread 01-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #459
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Do you think the LoD shackle tabs are thick and strong enough? Been considering my options for a rear bumper. Savvy's is mighty close on my list but 500 bucks is a lot to shell out then another 700 or so for a tire carrier.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #460
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Call your mom?
Guess I shouldn't tell you what the in-laws bought me or you'll be super-jealous.
Unread 01-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #461
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well when it comes to jeeps I should know nothing is easy. This LoD Xtreme duty rear bumper is no exception. 4 holes need to be drilled on the rear crossmember. I attached the bumper with the two frame bolts and it looked as though I wasn't going to be able to mount the bumper low enough to keep the spare from hitting it.

When is came time to drill I drilled the holes as low as I could, then sat it in place. The passenger side is pretty easy. The driver side sucks. There are two options, drop the gas tank, or squeeze your finger in between the tank and the rear of the crossmember.....there isn't much room. There is a trick about putting a rope through the mounting bracket, tie a not on the end so it doesn't pull through the bracket, then pull it up into place. That part works. The problem is you then have to feed the bottom of the two bolts into the hole and into the bracket.....forget it. I tore my left index finger up trying that.

I went ahead and snugged up the 2 passenger side crossmember bolts and both frame mounting bolts. Just as I feared the bumper is up above the crossmember by about 1/4" and causes the spare to hit the bumper, enough to push the tire up...me no like that.

I think I'm going to see about having it welded to the crossmember, instead of using those 4 bolts. Dropping the gas tank would allow me to install the two driver side bolts, but I don't want the bumper that high....that's kind of the reason I didn't buy a carrier style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Hey does that bumper mount up? 3 bolts a side? Or am I missing something
Yep, 3 bolts per side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Do you think the LoD shackle tabs are thick and strong enough? Been considering my options for a rear bumper. Savvy's is mighty close on my list but 500 bucks is a lot to shell out then another 700 or so for a tire carrier.
I'm not sure if the two frame tabs and the mounting brackets would be strong enough for a good hard pull, but I wasn't going to leave it that way anyway. My YJ had the bumper bolted to and welded to the frame. It wasn't going anywhere. I went with this bumper for the cost, simplicity and I have heard good things about LoD, but I was going to have it welded no matter what.

One thing I will knitpick about is there is a small piece of metal inside the bumper, when I was carrying it I could here it sliding around. Not that I'll ever hear it when it's on the jeep. Like I said, knitpick.

The bumper is "on" the jeep, secured by 4 bolts, so I won't be pulling anything just yet.

Here's what it looks like...and no I haven't cleaned up the bumper yet.

I need to talk to a welder guy I know and see what he thinks about welding it. I figure it can be welded around the two mounting brackets and hitch bracket that all rest against the crossmember, and maybe even around the frame tabs as well. The frame tabs are nothing compared to what I had on the YJ, so the more welds the better to me.

I'm tired, my left finger hurts....I squeezed it in there pretty good, then almost got it stuck......and I didn't even get dinner.

Ah, the fun of jeep ownership.

Unread 01-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #462
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
Guess I shouldn't tell you what the in-laws bought me or you'll be super-jealous.
Oh go ahead, I'm already super-jealous.

Unread 01-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #463
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

probably his jeep
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #464
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My left index finger went a bit numb from squeezing it in behind the crossmember.....it's getting better though. It's missing skin, and is one of my knuckles. I should have known better.......

Unread 01-25-2011, 04:51 AM   #465
97tjeff
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
]

I need to talk to a welder guy I know and see what he thinks about welding it. I figure it can be welded around the two mounting brackets and hitch bracket that all rest against the crossmember, and maybe even around the frame tabs as well. The frame tabs are nothing compared to what I had on the YJ, so the more welds the better to me.

I'm tired, my left finger hurts....I squeezed it in there pretty good, then almost got it stuck......and I didn't even get dinner.

Ah, the fun of jeep ownership.
I ended up throwing some welds on my bumper to help secure it to the frame just for added security. It's held up to a few pretty hard yanks so far.
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.