Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #31
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Today it's like Christmas....or my birthday (which is Friday).....

It all goes on Wednesday.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #32
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice.
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #33
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would think with 4.10 gears though in the rubicon 35's would be good. You got an auto? Adjustable front track bar?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #34
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

NO. 4.10 is too high for 31"s. It should have been geared with 4.56 from the factory. The auto has a .69:1 OD ratio. It is stupid high. I would love 5.89 for 35"s which is possible with new lockers. Mudb8 has plans to do that. Not sure if he has had the time or money to follow through yet.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #35
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

No idea what that stuff means. Im on 33's with 3.73's and I have no problem gettin up to speed. Easy to maintain 80mph on the highway as well. I do have the 5-speed though.
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #36
jaminb
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
No idea what that stuff means. Im on 33's with 3.73's and I have no problem gettin up to speed. Easy to maintain 80mph on the highway as well. I do have the 5-speed though.
In short it means that on the highway, because of how tall the overdrive is on the auto, the rpm's will be to low and out of the power band of the 4.0L which will cause him to have to turn OD off and getting worse MPG and a feeling of power loss.
jaminb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #37
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Oh ok, I run about 2200 or so going like 70 75 mph. I didnt know I was driving a jeep for the gas mileage. The motto is 4Lo and Go.
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #38
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Basically, it is like pedaling a mountain bike in top gear at a slow speed. It hurts. It is slow, kills mileage, and wears parts. That is a curse and a blessing of the 4-speed auto. It means you gear extra low so you are killer on the trail, but it means you need to gear extra low. You can only get 4.88 in a d30, and you can only get up to 5.89 with d44. That is perfect for 35"s though, and you shouldn't run larger rubber with that much torque. That would be 4:1 x 5.89:1 x whatever 1st is, plus the torque converter.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #39
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
NO. 4.10 is too high for 31"s. It should have been geared with 4.56 from the factory. The auto has a .69:1 OD ratio. It is stupid high. I would love 5.89 for 35"s which is possible with new lockers. Mudb8 has plans to do that. Not sure if he has had the time or money to follow through yet.
5.89's in a rubi 44 would be stupid. Your gears would be too weak. Anyways... With the 42rle, 5.13's is as good as it gets for 35's. Anything else is a compromise. Hell, even 5.13's is a compromise, but it's the best you can do without giving up too much.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #40
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
actually 4.10s and 31s on the 42rle is a good combo.

I drove a rubi the other day that had it and it was SO much better than my 3.73s and 31s. 4.56s would be for 32s
Unread 12-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #41
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Back on topic.....

Quote:
Adjustable front track bar?
Not yet, but if I need it, I'll get one. I'm waiting to see if the lift gives me any vibes and whether or not I need to buy anything to correct them.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #42
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome, Get those springs and shocks on and get pics up here. Gotta love Rubi builds. How many people are avaliable to wheel where you live? There are only a few people that I actually know that wheels. It always feels better to be bigger than someone else haha.
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #43
tucanbob

I'll be watching this one for sure.
I have 265s and a 2" lift (spacer)
it's a nice stance.
tucanbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #44
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Awesome, Get those springs and shocks on and get pics up here. Gotta love Rubi builds. How many people are avaliable to wheel where you live? There are only a few people that I actually know that wheels. It always feels better to be bigger than someone else haha.
I've got lots of guys and gals to wheel with. Getting 20 jeeps together isn't that hard to do. As for being bigger.....that I won't be, not with the people I wheel with. There's a few stockers, some mild builds, and some more extreme builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucanbob View Post
I'll be watching this one for sure.
I have 265s and a 2" lift (spacer)
it's a nice stance.
It's killing me to have to wait until next Wednesday.

Unread 12-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #45
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

i have the 2" OME, its a great ride! I had vibes so I just put in the tcase drop that was given.
CONNOR_99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.