Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #376
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Wait... what do you use it for?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #377
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Changed the oil, took the jeep for a 20+ mile spin, no chirpping. I hope it's the same come morning when it's like 8* outside.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #378
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If that is supposed to mean revenue generator (jk btw) for your town/city/county/state, then a GC is much better than any Tahoe.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #379
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
If that is supposed to mean revenue generator (jk btw) for your town/city/county/state, then a GC is much better than any Tahoe.
I'm a "dick".

Unread 01-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #380
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Estimated date of delivery for my new Rokmen Mercenary front bumper......January 22.

Unread 01-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #381
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Estimated date of delivery for my new Rokmen Mercenary front bumper......January 22.
Did you get the merc or the merc GT?
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #382
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Did you get the merc or the merc GT?
Merc, w/the hoop and welded on fairlead.

Unread 01-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #383
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Merc, w/the hoop and welded on fairlead.
So awesome...
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #384
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What about corner armor in the future, full length or short? Under-armor setup or UCF? Cant wait to see the next phase when 35's go in.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #385
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
What about corner armor in the future, full length or short? Under-armor setup or UCF? Cant wait to see the next phase when 35's go in.
I wish I didn't have to wait, but I do and for quite awhile. I've thrown 5-grand into this thing since I bought it, and I don't have any left to throw.

My hopes for stage two are Metalcloak fenders, with rear corner guards, a tummy tuck, adjustable control arms and beefier driveshafts. That'll be a few bucks.

Stage three would be 35's, gears, and beefing up whatever else in the driveline needed to handle the 35's.

It's good to have goals. Before all that I need to finish stage one.

Unread 01-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #386
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What will you go to the driveline?
Unread 01-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #387
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My "duh" moment of the day.

If you've been following this you know I had some chirpping in the engine compartment which turned out to be the oil pump dristributer. I've talked to Chrysler and have a diagnostic appointment for tomorrow.

Last night I changed the oil and replaced it with Mobil 1 synthetic, Truck Turbo Diesel 5W-40, as suggeted.

This morning it was cold, real cold, colder than it's been thus far this winter. i figured if it was going to chirp it would do it this morning. Well, it didn't.

When I got home from work tonight I figured I'd start it, since it was still friggn' cold as can be. I started the Jeep, no chirping, then.......it died.

My butt puckered, I thought WTF! I started it again......it died!!

More butt puckering. I started it again.....you guessed it, it died.

I was really worried now, you know with the horror stories of the oil pump causing engine failure and all. I tried to start it one more time........nothing!!

I did the key trick to check the code. I called the shop forman I've been talking to about the oil pump and asked him what the code meant.

Anyone?

Unread 01-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #388
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
What will you go to the driveline?
Driveline was probably a poor choice of words, I mean any parts that need to be upgraded in strength, if any, to handle 35's, I haven't researched that far out yet. Like tie rods, u-joints, steering knuckles, whatever....you know the little things..

Unread 01-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #389
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Driveline was probably a poor choice of words, I mean any parts that need to be upgraded in strength, if any, to handle 35's, I haven't researched that far out yet. Like tie rods, u-joints, steering knuckles, whatever....you know the little things..
Just put the following on your list:

Currie steering
Savvy brake pads
Centric rotors
Arms--whatever as long as Currie JJ's are used

I wouldn't worry about the axle shafts. Put in some new spicer joints and call it a day. Having a rubicon makes building for 35's fairly straightforward.

Do the ZJ tie rod if you haven't already. Your current tie rod is hollow. If you fold it up @ the badlands next time we're there, I'll . That's really the only weak point of your jeep. If it were me, I'd concentrate on belly clearance and suspension before worrying about tires and fenders. After all that is taken care of, the only thing you'll need to run 35's are the tires. A well built TJ on good suspension (JJ's all around, blah blah) and clearance doesn't need 35's to be awesome.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #390
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you've been following this you know I had some chirpping in the engine compartment which turned out to be the oil pump dristributer. I've talked to Chrysler and have a diagnostic appointment for tomorrow.

Last night I changed the oil and replaced it with Mobil 1 synthetic, Truck Turbo Diesel 5W-40, as suggeted.

This morning it was cold, real cold, colder than it's been thus far this winter. i figured if it was going to chirp it would do it this morning. Well, it didn't.

When I got home from work tonight I figured I'd start it, since it was still friggn' cold as can be. I started the Jeep, no chirping, then.......it died.

My butt puckered, I thought WTF! I started it again......it died!!

More butt puckering. I started it again.....you guessed it, it died.

I was really worried now, you know with the horror stories of the oil pump causing engine failure and all. I tried to start it one more time........nothing!!

I did the key trick to check the code. I called the shop forman I've been talking to about the oil pump and asked him what the code meant.

Anyone?
In case anyone wonders.......I used my non-sim (or whatever it's called) door key in the ignition.......

I was like.....

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.