Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 237 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Halloween Savings to die for!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 03-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #3541
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The IndyORV gang went wheeling today, at The Badlands in Attica Indiana, work kept me from going.....but I still went "wheeling".....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #3542
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

The blue sky had me fooled for a minute, lol!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #3543
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sick!

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2014, 09:47 PM   #3544
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The blue sky was a much welcomed surprise. Tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #3545
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The Jeep's squeak is getting louder.

Unread 03-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #3546
UnionTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Forgive me for asking but i just skipped through your thread, amazing jeep! Are you running 33s?
UnionTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #3547
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionTJ View Post
Forgive me for asking but i just skipped through your thread, amazing jeep! Are you running 33s?
305/70R16's.....so close to 33's.

Unread 03-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #3548
UnionTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
305/70R16's.....so close to 33's.
Thanks If you dont mind me asking, how much did the metalcloaks run you?
UnionTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #3549
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionTJ View Post
Thanks If you dont mind me asking, how much did the metalcloaks run you?
Somewhere in the $1600 range...whatever the list price on their web site was. I love 'em.

Unread 04-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #3550
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got home from work and put the rear of the Jeep on jack stands, started it up and found the squeak is from the rear...and here I was thinking it was from up front.

I need to wait for the wife to get home so I can get under it to find out where exactly the noise is coming from.

Edit: wife got home so I was able to get under and listen for the squeak....rear most u-joint. No wiggle in the joint....just a little squeak up to about 15-20 mph.

Guess I have some work ahead of me.

Unread 04-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #3551
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

With any luck I'll get my hands on some new Spicer u-joints, soon, and get my rear drive shaft to shut up. Once that is done I'll have to start moving to the front of the Jeep...tranny pan leak, u-joints for the front shaft would be nice too.

Unread 04-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #3552
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tummy tuck and new double cardan driveshaft time?

In case you didnt know Lubelocker makes a gasket for the 42rle. Much better then RTV.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #3553
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Tummy tuck and new double cardan driveshaft time?

In case you didnt know Lubelocker makes a gasket for the 42rle. Much better then RTV.
I wish I had the funds to tuck it and buy new shafts...but if I did that I'd greatly reduce my chances at making it to Colorado in August.

The gasket sounds much nicer than RTV.

Unread 04-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #3554
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in serious need of some new Spicer u-joints.....

I got off work and took the rear shaft off, threw it in 4hi and went for a drive....the squeak is gone. Too bad I can't get Spicer joints anywhere local. I have a buddy who may be able to pick some up, as he works in towards Chi-town.

Getting those stock u-joints out looks like fun. Apparently they need to have the caps melted out....that wouldn't be fun on the trail at all.

Unread 04-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #3555
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Cliffhanger scares the **** out of me
Agreed , one of the few I havent been on .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I'd like to do it in the dark.
You sir are nuts !

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.