Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 233 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 02-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #3481
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

"Check gauges" means the battery has less than desirable current in it,and the alternator is working harder to replenish it. A nice long drive or a slow trickle charge will cure the problem.

Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #3482
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
"Check gauges" means the battery has less than desirable current in it,and the alternator is working harder to replenish it. A nice long drive or a slow trickle charge will cure the problem.
That's what I was hoping. I don't have a trickle charger so I'll have to do the drive tomorrow. I tried to do what I could today, but ran out of time.....unless I can sneak out in a bit.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #3483
ben_badassjeeps
Vendor

Are you still running the duratracs? How do you like them? My Jeep needs new shoes and I've been leaning toward the MTR's but like the duratracs too.
Phone: 778-435-2169
E-mail: ben@badassjeeps.com

Use the coupon code: "jeepforum2014" for a 5% discount on all of our Currie Enterprises, Genright Offroad, RiverRaider Offroad and RCV Performance Gear!
ben_badassjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #3484
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_badassjeeps View Post
Are you still running the duratracs? How do you like them? My Jeep needs new shoes and I've been leaning toward the MTR's but like the duratracs too.
I love 'em. They suit my driving needs way more than the MTR's did. The Duratrac's held up way better on the cross country drive than the MTR's did, but if I lived in Moab, MTR's it'd be.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-19-2014, 08:44 PM   #3485
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Took the Jeep for a nice 20 plus mile drive, at 70 mph with everything off, except the headlights of course, and the "check gauge" light never came on again.....so that "problem" is solved.

Unread 02-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #3486
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wait I thought Diehards could power a whole city for a week straight
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #3487
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Wait I thought Diehards could power a whole city for a week straight
Apparently not. LOL

I should send a complaint letter to Sears.

Unread 02-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #3488
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
Thanks.....you must have had a lot of time on your hands. Maybe our trails will cross someday.
It's amazing how much extra time you have when classes are cancelled. But possibly, once I finish up with everything I need as of now I'm planning on a Badlands or Cliffs trip.

BDS - Savvy - Brown Dog - AtoZ - Metalcloak - Cooper - RC
rdock31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 11:34 PM   #3489
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Apparently not. LOL

I should send a complaint letter to Sears.
I'm very happy with my platinum, but I did leave my headlights on last week when I was in class, 4 hours later and it wouldn't start, it wanted to just didn't have enough juice. Guess having the upgraded headlights probably didn't help.

As much as I like the group 34 marine I got, part of me wishes I would have sucked it up and got the group 31 marine, 1150cca/205 min reserve vs. 880cca/135 min reserve... You know.... Because anything worth doing is worth doing in exess. But I had a hard time swallowing the extra $60.... Maybe I'll entertain that option at a later date, if I ever reach the need for dual battery's this may be a viable alternative, saving space, weight, cost, and complexity.....

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #3490
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I went for a ride in the Jeep today, made me wish I was out wheeling, came home and had to watch these....

My view

Kevin's view

Such an awesome place.

Unread 03-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #3491
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cabin fever is getting really bad. I need to get out and wheel. Come on spring! I also need to paint just about every piece of armor on the Jeep, winter has not been kind, at all.

Unread 03-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #3492
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Cabin fever is getting really bad. I need to get out and wheel. Come on spring! I also need to paint just about every piece of armor on the Jeep, winter has not been kind, at all.
I was playing around on the snow piles at Walmart today. You should have seen all the strange looks I was getting.

We can have a paint date!! Jeffery needs to be repainted.
Unread 03-04-2014, 05:59 AM   #3493
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

2012 JK Wrangler 

Love the quicklinks in your signature line! Took a looksie at the Metalcloaks. They look really good. A few questions. Does your state not require side markers/blinkers? The front of the fender that curves down towards the bumper, sits next to the grill. Is that an 'M' for their logo or does something else get mounted to that as an option? Seems like there is another open hole next to it too. They are 4" right? Can you get them with the wheel well painted black or just the fender?
MySundayShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #3494
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I like how your rig is setup!
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #3495
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySundayShirt View Post
Love the quicklinks in your signature line! Took a looksie at the Metalcloaks. They look really good. A few questions. Does your state not require side markers/blinkers? The front of the fender that curves down towards the bumper, sits next to the grill. Is that an 'M' for their logo or does something else get mounted to that as an option? Seems like there is another open hole next to it too. They are 4" right? Can you get them with the wheel well painted black or just the fender?
I figured the quick links would help me as much as it would others, glad you like them.

I have the same side markers/turn signals I had before, they just look different. I put JK signal housing in my grill and my TJ lights were plug and play. My side marker/signals are the factory bulb housing with amber bulbs, mounted through a hole that was already in the Metal Cloak inner fenders, everything works just as it did stock.

The "M" in front is their logo, and they sell a LED signal for that area.

Mine are 4", but the 4" flare can be removed when I want to, replaced with a 6" flare or a 1" rub rail quite easily.

You can get the fenders powder coated or bare. The inner fender liner comes bare, I used a 3M undercoating spray for that, which was recommended by a friend that owns a body shop.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.