Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 231 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #3451
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

You coming to the open run in March? I'm going, and hope to have the new lift and tires on my jeep by then(I've got most of the parts, just need the time to start putting them on) be good to wheel with you again, been forever.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 05:25 AM   #3452
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRodHooligan View Post
You coming to the open run in March? I'm going, and hope to have the new lift and tires on my jeep by then(I've got most of the parts, just need the time to start putting them on) be good to wheel with you again, been forever.
It all depends on my work schedule. It'd be nice to get out with everyone again.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #3453
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
It all depends on my work schedule. It'd be nice to get out with everyone again.
Checked the schedule, I'm on call then, so the odds are against me.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #3454
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

From time to time, when I reverse directions, or come to a stop I hear (feel) a slight "pop/clunk" coming from under the Jeep. I've crawled under there and wiggled the drive shafts (they didn't budge), the control arms (no budge)....it steers fine, stops fine, but has this occasional "pop/clunk".....it's so damn cold I haven't been able to spend much time under there, at any one moment, but I've checked it out a couple of times and can't seem to find anything. There's no "pop/clunk" while driving down the road, ever, and it doesn't do it every time I stop, or every time I change directions either.

If you have an idea as to what it could be, feel free to share it with me.

Unread 02-07-2014, 06:03 AM   #3455
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had this exact problem last week as well. I did the same, and found out my rear uppers were just slightly loose, cranked them down and no more pop/clunk, but I know you said you checked... It was driving me nuts.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 06:20 AM   #3456
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I had this exact problem last week as well. I did the same, and found out my rear uppers were just slightly loose, cranked them down and no more pop/clunk, but I know you said you checked... It was driving me nuts.
I'll ckeck all the jamb nuts.....if I can do it without freezing to death.

Unread 02-07-2014, 08:05 AM   #3457
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I was going to say this same thing.

Jeffy, I had the same feel when my rear uppers or rear lowers get loose.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #3458
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Too damn cold to climb under the Jeep today, it'll have to wait.

I did get a chance to winch someone out of a ditch today, my chief in his squad. I'll never let him forget it.

Unread 02-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #3459
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Turns out my passenger side upper control arm lock nut was in fact loose. It's a ***** to get to, without removing the engine skid, but I was able to get a wrench on it. Only time will tell if I was able to get it tight enough. If it's not it's going to take a much warmer day to get to it, or a nice warm shop, preferably with a lift.

Unread 02-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #3460
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Some Frozen Rubi shots.....

And then into the frozen tundra:

Unread 02-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #3461
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

No thanks! I'll pass!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #3462
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks cool there.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #3463
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
No thanks! I'll pass!
Seriously? It's just a little snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Looks cool there.
Just a tad bit nip.

Unread 02-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #3464
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
No thanks! I'll pass!
X2 , I want to be able to see grass year round ...
Unread 02-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #3465
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I will take some please. Snow avoids Middle TN like we are on the equator or something.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.