Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 228 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #3406
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok, you were right. These look awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
The head is hard as a rock, so it'll be fine. It stopped bleeding after a few minutes of pressure. I should have shot video, I was holding pressure on the cut with my left hand, while tightening a nut with the right, while the wife held the allen wrench on the screw... I said a couple of choice words when I smashed my head, which caused be to fall back into the back seat of the jeep, but then I laughed.

But it's all done now, and worth every bit of the blood, sweat and ....well I didn't shed any tears.

Now I need my engine skid, getting that March 5th, and possibly paint the headlight bezels black.

Anything else I do, will be a bonus, since I'm "technically" out of jeep money....

ps. I didn't install the internal braces yet. I've had enough for now. I'll do those when it's warm and I don't have to be in my garage.

These look really good. They are a perfect mix between the 2 I was considering. Why was it difficult to pull the flares off? I had to do all of mine to replace them with stainless steel bolts. Is it more of a pain than I'm thinking?

MySundayShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #3407
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySundayShirt View Post
These look really good. They are a perfect mix between the 2 I was considering. Why was it difficult to pull the flares off? I had to do all of mine to replace them with stainless steel bolts. Is it more of a pain than I'm thinking?
Told ya.

Some of nutserts spun, and I just had to cut them off. It wasn't horrible, just a PITA.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #3408
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I hear ya on that... I need to do that mod. I went out in the storm the other night for a bit of wheelin' with a few others and having to be in 4LO killed me on a couple climbs.
It was a very simple mod, and I'm afraid of electrical stuff. I highly suggest it.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #3409
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Told ya.

Some of nutserts spun, and I just had to cut them off. It wasn't horrible, just a PITA.
I hate nutserts with a passion when they do that!!
Unread 01-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #3410
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich

I hate nutserts with a passion when they do that!!
I have the same problem w the nut setts that came w my corner guards. I wonder if a real nut sett installation tool would be better. I had to tack weld a couple in place after spinning a few.
84jeepcj7rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #3411
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post
I have the same problem w the nut setts that came w my corner guards. I wonder if a real nut sett installation tool would be better. I had to tack weld a couple in place after spinning a few.
I have used a bolt and a star washer and a real tool. If you do the bolt and star washer correctly it will be the same as the tool. They can always still spin on you. I only use nutserts as a last resort. If I can get a nut on it I would do that over the nutserts.
Unread 01-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #3412
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The other day I noticed my spare was bouncing more than normal, today I found out why, the stock carrier is cracked. Ksilovich better find a shop soon, as I'm going to need my new carrier sooner than later. LOL

Unread 01-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #3413
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would just shell out for an exogate and never have to worry about it again.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #3414
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

For now the spare is in the garage.... it can't fall off in there.

I also washed the Rubi today.

Unread 01-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #3415
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The other day I noticed my spare was bouncing more than normal, today I found out why, the stock carrier is cracked. Ksilovich better find a shop soon, as I'm going to need my new carrier sooner than later. LOL
Im working on it. If all else I have a mobile shop right now. Just need a 220 outlet and a place to park a 22' trailer.
Unread 01-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #3416
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post

Im working on it. If all else I have a mobile shop right now. Just need a 220 outlet and a place to park a 22' trailer.
I have neither. LOL

Unread 01-19-2014, 05:00 AM   #3417
shortstax33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ironically, I might have both...lol. gotta measure my driveway after work though lol.

"And if anyone's curious, the answer is yes. I drink beer before/during all mechanical surgery on my vehicles. " - yours truly.
shortstax33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #3418
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You'd think it'd be easy to remove the third brake light, without cutting the wires, but that doesn't appear to be so. I removed the plastic cover on the tailgate, but there's no quick connection there. I'm contemplating just cutting the wires and eliminating the brake light all together...it's not required by law here, and if ksilovich builds me the new carrier I'm not sure I'd use it anyway. I want to get the spare back on the Jeep though, so I'm going to have to do something.

Unread 01-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #3419
jampop1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just pull on the wires they unplug from the buttons.
jampop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #3420
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You'd think it'd be easy to remove the third brake light, without cutting the wires, but that doesn't appear to be so. I removed the plastic cover on the tailgate, but there's no quick connection there. I'm contemplating just cutting the wires and eliminating the brake light all together...it's not required by law here, and if ksilovich builds me the new carrier I'm not sure I'd use it anyway. I want to get the spare back on the Jeep though, so I'm going to have to do something.

The wires go to the inside of the tailgate that's where the contacts are. You can unplug it there or cut and splice later.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.