Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 222 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #3316
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerumps View Post
Inner AND Outer? Thats got to be a good story....
Not really. Last night I heard what I thought was a squeaking axle joint...greased it. I was worried it was something worse....and as I hit the road today a little voice kept telling me, turn around, go home, something bad it going to happen....but I pressed on.

Two hours into the day we stopped for lunch and afterwards I noticed the "blow out". The inner was toast the outer had major damage...but after driving home it too is now toast.

I rode with Kevin the rest of the day.....now that's a good story.

I'm searching chromo axles now, looking for the best price.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #3317
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Not really. Last night I heard what I thought was a squeaking axle joint...greased it. I was worried it was something worse....and as I hit the road today a little voice kept telling me, turn around, go home, something bad it going to happen....but I pressed on.

Two hours into the day we stopped for lunch and afterwards I noticed the "blow out". The inner was toast the outer had major damage...but after driving home it too is now toast.

I rode with Kevin the rest of the day.....now that's a good story.

I'm searching chromo axles now, looking for the best price.
Why didnt you pull it before driving home?

And I've seen how Kevin drives.....yes....I'm sure the story is good....

And that little voice pops up everytime I head out to wheel....I've decided that its just a whiny little biotch.

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #3318
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerumps View Post
Why didnt you pull it before driving home?

And I've seen how Kevin drives.....yes....I'm sure the story is good....

And that little voice pops up everytime I head out to wheel....I've decided that its just a whiny little biotch.
Couldn't pull it....needed the outer, which was damaged already, to hold things together. The outer is just bit worse now than it was before the drive, either way I would have needed the inner and outer.

I won't pay much for an OEM shaft, so unless someone wants to give me one, I'm probably going to be ordering new chromo's soon.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #3319
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It is Christmas time...plus I haven't gotten anything for my birthday yet.

So which chromos are best these days?

Kevin says Ten Factory.
They are all the same crap, made in the same factory. Well except RCVs but those are too expensive for me

I got my Ten Factories at Rubicon Tested. Cool guy, his dad actually owns Tenfactory/Motive gear.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #3320
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Couldn't pull it....needed the outer, which was damaged already, to hold things together. The outer is just bit worse now than it was before the drive, either way I would have needed the inner and outer.

I won't pay much for an OEM shaft, so unless someone wants to give me one, I'm probably going to be ordering new chromo's soon.
Local Pick-a-part perhaps? Which reminds me...I need to another Chromo-outer(Spare ) and double check my drivers side u-joints.

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #3321
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got a 2wd stub you can throw in there till you get your upgrade.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #3322
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Got a 2wd stub you can throw in there till you get your upgrade.
I drove it home...3.5 hours at 60-75 mph....I think it'll last until I get something ordered.

But thanks!

Unread 12-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #3323
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Click to see my trail report from yesterday's Badlands trip.

Unread 12-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #3324
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics Jeff! Sorry to hear about your axle. I had a little misfortune myself after yesterday's snow wheeling. No fault of my own!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #3325
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Good thing you didn't go to the Cliff's last week. If you did, you'd blame us for not being able to break your axle at the Badlands.
Unread 12-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #3326
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadDog View Post
Good thing you didn't go to the Cliff's last week. If you did, you'd blame us for not being able to break your axle at the Badlands.
I just had a feeling something would happen if I went with you guys, and I continued to have that feeling all the way to the Badlands. Oh well, at least a couple of kids will get a new toy. (And so will I)

Unread 12-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #3327
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Awesome pics Jeff!
Thanks.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your axle.
Ah, stuff happens.

Quote:
I had a little misfortune myself after yesterday's snow wheeling.
Do tell.

Quote:
No fault of my own!
That's my line.

Unread 12-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #3328
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Nice report thanks for sharing!
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #3329
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

New 10 Factory shafts are en route...from East Coast Gear Supply.

Unread 12-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #3330
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
New 10 Factory shafts are en route.
Mine were to, till I got the back order email.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.