Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 217 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 10-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #3241
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's nice to have toys to play with.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #3242
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

33's and a turtle....should be no problem.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 10-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #3243
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
33's and a turtle....should be no problem. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOGl7ioEMq4

I see you've found the extreme trails in that book.

Carnage canyon is no joke. Very long and very difficult, will easily take the entire day to navigate more then one rig through with damage of some nature guaranteed.

The good thing is chinaman gulch is right next door and is a fun trail to run for the less extreme rigs.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #3244
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I see you've found the extreme trails in that book.

Carnage canyon is no joke. Very long and very difficult, will easily take the entire day to navigate more then one rig through with damage of some nature guaranteed.

The good thing is chinaman gulch is right next door and is a fun trail to run for the less extreme rigs.
I'll be running right next door. I watched a JK Experience video that had like 22 rigs, but only 5 tried Carnage, 3 made it, all of which had body damage afterwards....here it is:

I was certain I would not be doing Carnage after watching that.

Unread 10-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #3245
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

some pics from chinaman gultch

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #3246
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So after your last two wheeling trips. Is there anything else you want to do to it before you start stage 3? Possibly by your Moab 2014 trip?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #3247
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeff, Carnage canyon looks like a blast to wheel especially the latter part should be a blast.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #3248
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
some pics from chinaman gultch
Very cool, that I'll do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
So after your last two wheeling trips. Is there anything else you want to do to it before you start stage 3? Possibly by your Moab 2014 trip?
Colorado 2014....but I'd like to get the tummy tuck done, other than that a full on stage three is probably a year, maybe two away, I gotta keep the wife happy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Jeff, Carnage canyon looks like a blast to wheel especially the latter part should be a blast.
I'm good for watching the big boys and taking pictures of them doing it....but it does look fun.

Unread 10-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #3249
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I agree the tummy tuck would help a lot. Keep the 305s and 4.10s. Would you go with savvy when you do TT or UCF due to cost?
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #3250
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree the tummy tuck would help a lot. Keep the 305s and 4.10s. Would you go with savvy when you do TT or UCF due to cost?
I may go with ksilovich as Kevin can build me a flat one pretty cheap and just as strong. I probably won't do anything until spring, but I really hope to get the TT done, with a Novak shifter and a BL....but we'll see. Braces are pricey, and those are draining my Jeep budget at the moment.

Unread 10-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #3251
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Have you thought about just a rokmen 0.5"bl or go a full 1.25"? It would make plenty of room for 35s and still net ya a good amount of belly clearance.
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #3252
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Have you thought about just a rokmen 0.5"bl or go a full 1.25"? It would make plenty of room for 35s and still net ya a good amount of belly clearance.
When the TT comes so too will the BL...probably the 1.25" BL. I wish that could all happen right now.

Unread 10-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #3253
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've been debating buying this: JJ Kit

But really wonder if I'd even notice any difference.

Unread 10-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #3254
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well, it would complete the package for you CA's, but like you said, probably wouldn't notice much of a difference. Are you sticking with JJ's for the foreseeable future?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #3255
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Well, it would complete the package for you CA's, but like you said, probably wouldn't notice much of a difference. Are you sticking with JJ's for the foreseeable future?
Yep. I'd say the main reason I didn't do it when I bought the control arms was because I can't weld. I keep thinking about this mod, so maybe there's something to it.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.