Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 206 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 06-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #3076
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
But, I'm in no hurry to get back in the mud.
So no Cliffs for you? What a shame.

Unread 06-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #3077
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadDog View Post
So no Cliffs for you? What a shame.
Not for awhile....in fact I don't know when I'll hit the trails again, after Moab Illinois and Indiana are kind of a let down.

Maybe I'll just head west again.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #3078
dandaman99701
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06

Thanks.... I'll have to give your build a looksee (link?). I am running the stock rear tb, with the relocation bracket that came with the OME lift.
Hmmm, I don't remember my lift coming with a rear tb bracket but then again I had someone else install it. No link to my build since I don't have a build thread. My specs should be in my profile. Maybe i will hold off on the rear Currie tb just to save a bit of dough for now. Thanks for the response.
dandaman99701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #3079
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is acting a bit weird when I start it. It clicks as if the battery is dead, I turn the key again and it starts...a bit sluggish, but starts. But if I turn it off and start it right back up it starts fine. I'm thinking maybe its the battery, but I'm not sure...could be the starter, don't really know.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 06-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #3080
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

It's because you won't wheel it until your next trip to Moab. It wants some love!
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #3081
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadDog View Post
It's because you won't wheel it until your next trip to Moab. It wants some love!
I wish it was that simple.

Unread 06-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #3082
my98tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Have you turned the key on and let the fuel pump kick on without starting, turn the key off and back on and try to start it on the second time? May be fuel pressure regulator or a leaky injector.
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #3083
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not for awhile....in fact I don't know when I'll hit the trails again, after Moab Illinois and Indiana are kind of a let down.

Stop in to Missouri some time. I think you would enjoy some of the parks here
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #3084
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I feel sorry for you guys who only have off road parks. We have a few parks here but they are pretty boring in comparison.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #3085
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So Cali has plenty of stuff to entertain on, just in summer the choices get a bit slim, unless you like night wheelin.
I for one still thoroughly enjoy driving the bunny trails I first cut my teeth on. Moab, AZ, CO and NM trails just add to the variety of wheelin.
Good part of Moab trails fall pretty much in the bunny trail category, but are a blast to put around on anyway

By the way as far as your Jeep starting problem, clean and tighten the battery cables on both ends and have the battery tested, should resolve your problem
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #3086
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

As far as my starting issue goes, I found a moment to pop the hood to check the battery cables....the positive cable was super loose, so I made quick work of that, started it...without the clicking, and took it for a ride. Hopefully it was just the loose cable, not giving it the juice to start, and possibly not letting it charge correctly too.....I guess we'll see. If nothing else this give me a reason (excuse) to buy a DieHard Platinum.

And as for only having off road parks....it sucks, big time. I'll correct that in 6 years.

Unread 06-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #3087
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Retirement in 6 years? Gonna move to Florida
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #3088
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Retirement in 6 years? Gonna move to Florida
I won't be old enough for Florida.

Unread 06-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #3089
dandaman99701
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Cocked Joints

[QUOTE=Jeffro06;13174699]I lied, I went back out and found it was off center by about a 1/4 of inch. I centered the axle, centered the steering wheel, and the CA's are no longer cocked.

Hopefully I'll be able to break that rear bolt free, soon, but not today, I'm beat. [/QUOTE

Afternoon Jeffro, So I started my control arm install. Got both front lowers on and had the same situation that you did. Both are cocked. Could you explain a bit more how you went about centering the axle to straighten the arms. I set them at stock length like you did. Just trying to wing this on my own so any advice is appreciated. Also, for the rear lowers, the arms should be the same style as used up front on the lowers correct?
dandaman99701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #3090
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The "crooked" control arms are nothing to worry about.... they won't center themselves after they move (it was new to me, what did I know). Just make sure the control arms that are supposed to be the same length are.

As for centering the axle I unhooked the track bar and jumped up and down on the bumper... really, which got it close. I measured from a common point on each side of the frame to a common spot on each tire. To fine tune it I turned the wheel, which will move the axle when the track bar is unhooked. Once centered I bolted up the track bar.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.