Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 199 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #2971
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
We just sat down to eat.....and there he was.

You eating pizza was much safer than you wiring my jeep, so no complaint here.

Unread 05-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #2972
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Only thing left to do is pack, clean the Jeep, load the Jeep and wait until Saturday morning.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #2973
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've had a few people ask about the tranny cooler and how safe it is from damage, so I took these today:

I figure I haven't smashed my muffler yet, so the cooler's chances of survival are just as good.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 05-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #2974
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've had a few people ask about the tranny cooler and how safe it is from damage, so I took these today:

I figure I haven't smashed my muffler yet, so the cooler's chances of survival are just as good.
I like the use of the word yet.

I smashed my muffler, but I was doing something really stupid .
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #2975
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I like the use of the word yet.
You never say never, right?

Unread 05-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #2976
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You never say never, right?
If you say that you never will. You will.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #2977
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

My only concern would be water crossings, or deep mud. Is there a manual on/off for the fan?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #2978
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
My only concern would be water crossings, or deep mud. Is there a manual on/off for the fan?
Not yet, but I'm thinking silovich can put one in.

Unread 05-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #2979
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I dont know anything about those but that doesnt seem like an ideal location for one. Is that where they have to go? There isnt anyway to put it under the hood?
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #2980
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I dont know anything about those but that doesnt seem like an ideal location for one. Is that where they have to go? There isnt anyway to put it under the hood?
That's where they are designed to go. I thought about under the hood but there's not much cool air under there. I read a lot, this seemed to be the best option..... time and use will tell.

Unread 05-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #2981
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

If thats where they are designed to go then Im sure itll be fine. Ive never researched them so I wasnt sure.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #2982
shortstax33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Going to switch to an electric fan? It's the only way to shut it off that I know of.

"And if anyone's curious, the answer is yes. I drink beer before/during all mechanical surgery on my vehicles. " - yours truly.
shortstax33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #2983
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstax33 View Post
Going to switch to an electric fan? It's the only way to shut it off that I know of.
The cooler has an electric fan. Duh.

I know, you were thinking about the fan clutch I installed too.....right?

Unread 05-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #2984
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would gather that the fan motor is a sealed unit, but I would think you'd still want the option to manually turn the fan off if you ford a water crossing and risk submerging the unit.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #2985
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I would gather that the fan motor is a sealed unit, but I would think you'd still want the option to manually turn the fan off if you ford a water crossing and risk submerging the unit.
I can hear it when its on, so hopefully I will remember to stop if its running. It kicks on at 180 degrees. I'm sure I'll get a switch, eventually.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.