Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 195 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 04-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #2911
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudn_MI_rubi View Post
Read thru Jerry Bransford's install writeup for the cooler. I think with that help you should be good to instal it yourself.
I read it, twice, it still scares me.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #2912
shortstax33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm always up for terrifying installs, let me know if you want help, lol.

"And if anyone's curious, the answer is yes. I drink beer before/during all mechanical surgery on my vehicles. " - yours truly.
shortstax33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #2913
tsstoudt
Web Crawler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'd gladly help but PA is just too far away. I love working on them when it's not costing me any money...lol good luck with the install.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #2914
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

And this is one of the few times I'm glad I have a manual trans! LOL!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #2915
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
And this is one of the few times I'm glad I have a manual trans! LOL!
I hear ya.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 04-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #2916
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Any thoughts on a power steering cooler as well before Moab? Gonna change ur diff fluids,xfer case, etc?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #2917
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Any thoughts on a power steering cooler as well before Moab? Gonna change ur diff fluids,xfer case, etc?
Not worried about PS. It survived before, hopefully it'll survive again. Everything else on the Jeep is ready to go, the tranny cooler has always been on my list, this trip just pushed it to the top.

Unread 04-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #2918
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The cooler is an easy install. I helped ryan with his. The wiring is easy to. If you need help let me know I can swing by after class this week or after my finals next week.
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #2919
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
The cooler is an easy install. I helped ryan with his. The wiring is easy to. If you need help let me know I can swing by after class this week or after my finals next week.
I may have it by the time you're done with finals.....you know a thing or two about wiring do you?

Unread 04-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #2920
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I may have it by the time you're done with finals.....you know a thing or two about wiring do you?
do you even have to ask that question?
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #2921
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
do you even have to ask that question?
No.....I thought I was being funny.

Unread 04-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #2922
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My cooler is on the way.

Unread 05-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #2923
BRay

Now that the cat's a$$ of tranny coolers. It has the good AN fittings and good push-lock hose so you are sure to get a good connections to avoid leaks. Is it wired direct to the battery? If they have you going into a circuit then I would make sure you to use a relay along with the fuse they supply. I'll join in on the gathering when your ready to install.
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #2924
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post
Now that the cat's a$$ of tranny coolers. It has the good AN fittings and good push-lock hose so you are sure to get a good connections to avoid leaks. Is it wired direct to the battery? If they have you going into a circuit then I would make sure you to use a relay along with the fuse they supply. I'll join in on the gathering when your ready to install.
It's here!

It doesn't wire directly to the battery, it has to be wired to a source that is "keyed" so it doesn't run while the jeep isn't.

It appears to have everything it needs with it....except tranny fluid of course.

Making sure I hook up the hoses correctly and getting it wired are the two biggest things that scare me, getting it attached to the jeep is the easy part. I also wonder just how much fluid is going to pour out on me when I unhook the hose at the radiator.

Unread 05-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #2925
BRay

Cool you got it. If you have never changed the trans fluid then now is a good time. If your NOT going to change it then just get 2 quarts. I also suggest wiring in a relay and between us locals we can help you with that.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.