Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 169 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #2521
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Is it like the mountain edition blackout decal?
I guess so.

Here it is.....

As seen from the driver seat...

It was a pretty easy install. They have a video that shows you just how to do it. After I washed the hood off (it was kind of muddy, thanks to the muddy road I had just been down ) I just followed the instructions. The wife helped me. It looks pretty good. I have one little bubble, near the washer that I can't get out, but we'll see if that changes after a bit.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #2522
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I checked my tread depth against a friends newer MTR/K's today.....I've got half the original tread left. The sad thing is I just spent $1000 on music instruments for my kids....which would have gone a long way towards a new set of tires.

If I drive out to Moab again, these shoes are toast.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #2523
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How many miles are on them? I've got ~21k on my Cooper STT's and they have about 50% tread left.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #2524
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
How many miles are on them? I've got ~21k on my Cooper STT's and they have about 50% tread left.
I'm not sure, I'd have to ckeck this thread to see....but I think its less than 20 thousand.

Unread 02-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #2525
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

why did you go with a decal instead of a hood louver(sp?)
duc202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #2526
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc202 View Post
why did you go with a decal instead of a hood louver(sp?)
Much, much cheaper, no holes in my hood, and if I don't like the blackout I can take it off.

Unread 02-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #2527
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

So here's a couple of shots of the jeep with the new decal configuration:

Unread 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #2528
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks real nice, I think
Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #2529
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm undecided whether I like it or not. But hey, my opinion means squat, lol!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #2530
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I'm undecided whether I like it or not. But hey, my opinion means squat, lol!
While I respect your opinion, I don't really care what it is. I like it.

Unread 02-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #2531
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Looks like I have just under 18,000 miles on the MTR/k's.

I'm thinking more and more about doing Duratracs next time.......and that may be sooner than I had expected.

Unread 02-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #2532
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Where are you on the tread? I'm thinking about making the move to mtr's. I'm on duratracs now but I've heard nothing but good things about the mtr's

apple. life's easier with it.
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #2533
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Where are you on the tread? I'm thinking about making the move to mtr's. I'm on duratracs now but I've heard nothing but good things about the mtr's.
Just over half gone. My drive to and from Moab put the hurt on them, especially my 22 hour non-stop drive home. I think that's when the majority of the tread melted off. They're a good tire, but I don't really need the rock grabbing abilities that they have, and since 90% of my driving is on road, I'd like to have something that'll last a bit longer. I've seen Duratracs perform in Moab, and they did fine, and it's not like I'll be there every year.

Unread 02-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #2534
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well, when you are ready to let them go, just pm me with a price. Are you on the east coast?

apple. life's easier with it.
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #2535
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, when you are ready to let them go, just pm me with a price. Are you on the east coast?
Illinois.....by the time I can let them go, I'm sure they'll be good for a tire swing, and not much more.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.