Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 158 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #2356
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did you have a frozen caliper?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #2357
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It looked like the caliper was frozen, cause that sucker was smoking when I stopped. So much for the tire fund.

Tomorrow I may do the fronts....you know, the ones I won for October TJ of the month, and haven't had time to do.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #2358
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Installed my new front rotors and pads today....they work like Black Magic. LOL.

I thought my braking power had improved after doing the rears, but wow! I did the break in as suggested and I can already tell It's stopping better than yesterday, and way better than before I did the rears. This thing is going to stop on a dime.

It's parked now, and I'll do the final break in tomorrow, as suggested.

Thanks again Mr.Blaine!

Note to self: New brakes @ 45,000 miles.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 11-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #2359
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice to hear the upgrade is doing the job just fine. Kudos to those that encouraged you to enter the contest.
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #2360
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadDog
Nice to hear the upgrade is doing the job just fine. Kudos to those that encouraged you to enter the contest.
Winning was awesome, getting a prize was a welcomed surprise.

Now if I could figure out how to get some free tires and a regear.

Unread 11-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #2361
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I may be able to contribute more to your tire fund if some D44 4:10 gears happen to make it my way!

Unread 11-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #2362
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I may be able to contribute more to your tire fund if some D44 4:10 gears happen to make it my way!
What tire fund? It's all gone now.

Did the follow up break in on the Black Magic brakes today, the Rubi stops really, really good now.

Time to start saving for Moab 2013.

Unread 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #2363
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey jeffro when are you thinking of going to Moab in 2013? I'm looking at making a trip around the first week in June it'd be cool to meet up with some other forum members
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #2364
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Hey jeffro when are you thinking of going to Moab in 2013? I'm looking at making a trip around the first week in June it'd be cool to meet up with some other forum members
I was actually looking at the week leading up to Memorial Day weekend, and coming home that weekend. That's when I went in 2011 and the weather was great and the crowds were low. If I took a weekend to travel out, spent up to five days in Moab, then came back the following weekend, it'd be a pretty good trip. Last time I stayed in a hotel, me a few guys are talking about tent camping this time.....I can't remember the last time I tent camped.

Unread 11-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #2365
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hung the Christmas lights on the house, went out to take a picture of them, ended up taking one of the Rubi too.

Unread 11-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #2366
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Last time I stayed in a hotel, me a few guys are talking about tent camping this time.....I can't remember the last time I tent camped.
WOOOO now. You didnt inform me of this. I might have to reconsider........

ah what am I talking about about. I'm still going
Unread 11-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #2367
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Quote:
I was actually looking at the week leading up to Memorial Day weekend, and coming home that weekend. That's when I went in 2011 and the weather was great and the crowds were low. If I took a weekend to travel out, spent up to five days in Moab, then came back the following weekend, it'd be a pretty good trip. Last time I stayed in a hotel, me a few guys are talking about tent camping this time.....I can't remember the last time I tent camped.
I will also be there the first week of June , sounds like trouble is brewing
Unread 11-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #2368
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich

WOOOO now. You didnt inform me of this. I might have to reconsider........

ah what am I talking about about. I'm still going
Trust me, I'm not a camper, so this could be quite the adventure, if I pull it off.

Unread 11-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #2369
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did my 5-tire rotation today @ 43,653 miles....that's 13,753 miles on the MTR's. The MTR's are getting louder, and seem to be wearing even, but quicker than my TrXus MT's did. I'm guessing they'll go 30,000 miles, maybe.

I also changed my oil today.

Oh, and I got caught (topless) in a pretty good down pour today too, could have used wipers on the inside of the windshield...lol.
I did another five tire rotation today @ 45,884 miles. That's only 2231 miles since the last rotation, but I figured I'd do it before it got to be snowing and below zero outside. I also wanted to see if it'd help the slight pull to the right I developed after my last wheeling trip....it didn't.

These MTRk's are wearing pretty fast, I'm thinking 30,000 miles is wishful thinking, 20,000 is probably doable though.

I didn't change my oil yet, but probably will in the next couple of weeks.

Unread 11-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #2370
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I learned the hard way to rotate every 2k. The KM's I had didn't like every 3k. Not gonna take any chances with these STT's.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.