Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 151 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #2251
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
No wheeling for me, I'm ready for some football!

Unread 09-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #2252
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My front passenger side axle seal is leaking.....great. I'm guessing when I had the shop replace the axle joints they screwed up the inner seal, which will undoubtedly be a pain in the *** to repair. I'm going to have to talk to the shop about this, but if they can't get the axle back in without ruining the seal, I don't know if I want them trying to replace the seal, espeically if it means pulling my carrier / locker out.....

Why do these seals have to be such a pain?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #2253
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Any news yet from your mechanic?
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #2254
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadDog View Post
Any news yet from your mechanic?
They're going to take care of it on Thursday. I hate letting other's work on my stuff (saddly my garage is not big enough to pull the axles out of the jeep in), it leaves me with doubt and wonder....but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 09-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #2255
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
They're going to take care of it on Thursday. I hate letting other's work on my stuff (saddly my garage is not big enough to pull the axles out of the jeep in), it leaves me with doubt and wonder....but I'm not losing any sleep over it.
That's good news. Hopefully they rectify everything and you are back in the saddle with no issues going forward.

Righting a mistake is a good way to rebuild trust and keep a loyal customer.
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #2256
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

heh, feeling patriotic are we Jeffro?

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #2257
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain View Post
heh, feeling patriotic are we Jeffro?
Always...but figured I'd show it a bit more today.

Unread 09-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #2258
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's good news. Hopefully they rectify everything and you are back in the saddle with no issues going forward.

Righting a mistake is a good way to rebuild trust and keep a loyal customer.
Well it's at the shop. I told them to take care of my baby. I told them speed wasn't the issue here, getting it right was.

Unread 09-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #2259
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Well it's at the shop. I told them to take care of my baby. I told them speed wasn't the issue here, getting it right was.
Did you tell it how much Daddy loves it and kiss it goodbye?
Unread 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #2260
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did you tell it how much Daddy loves it and kiss it goodbye?
No, but I was wearing a .45 when dropped it off, so they should know I meant it.

It looks like it won't be done today.....I don't know why really, but as long as they get it right, I don't care.

Unread 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #2261
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
No, but I was wearing a .45 when dropped it off, so they should know I meant it.
Ever so subtle...
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #2262
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got the Jeep back today, it seems to be working just fine. I put it through the paces before giving the shop the all clear. I shifts in out of 4wd and the lockers lock and unlock just like they're supposed to, so all is good. They went ahead and replaced both inner seals, even though the passenger side was the only side leaking. The seals looked fine. I think when they installed my axle shafts, after doing the axle joints, they knocked the passenger side loose. Whatever the case, it's fixed now, well as long as it doesn't start leaking again.

They didn't charge me either.....

Unread 09-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #2263
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
They didn't charge me either.....
Do you think it was your charming personality or the .45 that helped with that?
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #2264
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bonus! Glad they took care of it. Now you can get some more wheel'n in!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #2265
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Took the Jeep out after work, decided I may as well do a little ditch flexing....

I mean, how else can you be sure everything is still working right?

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.