Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 12-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #211
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I installed the Speedohealer today, and no that's not a pill you take to keep you from wearing a banana hammock in public.

The install was pretty easy, just like Blue Monkey Motorsports' video shows. The hardest part was disconnecting the factory connector and running the Speedohealer wire over the transfer case to the engine bay.

I ended up taping the wire end to a piece of doll rod and fed it through.

It took me 15 minutes to install and program the Speedohealer. Programming it actually took about one minute.

There's a chart that allows you to figure out what perentage you have to set. I set mine at 9.1%. I took it out for a quick spin and found it was spot on at 20, 30, 40 and 50 mph....I couldn't head out on the hwy yet, but will later, but I'm sure it's dead on there too.
It appears my speedo is almost dead on, it looks dead on up to 65, then it appears to be off by 1mph (speedo reads 65, gps 66), at 70 mph it's off by 2mph (speedo reads 70, gps read 72). I'm sure I cound fine tune it, but really it's good just like that.

Oh, it appears the shift points of the 42rle are back to where they are supposed to be. I'm running right around 2300 rpm's at 65 mph and the jeep didn't down shift while going up a hill on the interstate that it down shifted on yesterday. All in all I'd say it's money well spent.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #212
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Great DD build and your shepherd is pretty too man. Someday if/when I'm done with the YJ I will do something similar with a JK Unlimited Rubi!

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #213
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont_24 View Post
Jeeps lookin good!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ51 View Post
Wow Deja Vu!

I just subscribed to this thread. You're taking the same path I want to (as soon as my checkbook recovers): 2" Emu, etc. My tires came first (265's) along with a 1" BL. I want to do a tummy tuck this spring; that shovel is driving me crazy.
Looking good, for sure. I'm not real happy with the shovel either, especially tranny part. I want a tummy tuck too, someday, but until then I'm going to go with the Skidrow engine skid, as soon as I get a chance to pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
Great DD build and your shepherd is pretty too man. Someday if/when I'm done with the YJ I will do something similar with a JK Unlimited Rubi!
Thanks x2.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #214
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm so hoping my OR-Fab bumper and rock sliders arrive this week....while I'm on vacation.

In reallity, I know that isn't going to happen.

Unread 12-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #215
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I called Q-tec today and cancelled the OR-Fab rock sliders. They said they "probably" won't ship until mid January. Thinking probably could turn into February I decided they didn't need my money anymore. I told them showing an item "in stock" when it really isn't, isn't the best way to keep a customer. I've usually had good luck with Q-tec, but I'm not too sure I'll be going back to them anytime soon.

Time to pick out some different rock sliders.

Unread 12-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #216
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ummmm, lets see. Maybe Savvy? I don't know why not.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #217
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Ummmm, lets see. Maybe Savvy? I don't know why not.
I'm kind of leaning towards Rokmen right now.

Unread 12-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #218
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would lean real hard. I just said Savvy cause of weight savings.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #219
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

AtoZ fabrication...good stuff right there.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #220
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I would lean real hard. I just said Savvy cause of weight savings.
I could save even more weight by just sticking with the stock rockers, and spend the money on something else....

Like a trip to Moab maybe?

Unread 12-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #221
kashoggio

jeff, great looking jeep! awesome pics! Any updates or keeping it stock?

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #222
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashoggio View Post
Try reading the thread

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #223
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Try reading the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashoggio View Post
Thanks, thanks and uh, nope. It's all ready had a few changes, more are planned.

Unread 12-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #224
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I'm kind of leaning towards Rokmen right now.
I'm actually glad for you that the Or-Fab stuff fell through, now you can go with Rokmen. You will not be disappointed.
Unread 12-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #225
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

I'm voting you have a cage welded in.

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.