Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 144 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #2146
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
We need to go in May, the weather is much nicer then. 2 days out, 5 days there, 2 days back, should do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
I agree, early May is about the best time to visit Moab, not to many people on the trail and great wheelin weather. Both are trips to Moab were in the first week of May great weather both times, low eighties to low nineties every day. Cannot ask for better weather than that
I too am planning a trip to Moab in May 2013. Ive heard its the best time and I've always wanted to take a cross country trip. Few friends up this way are interested as well, when the time gets closer Ill have to get a "JF off the computer on to Moab" thread going.

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #2147
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I had a feeling it was those pesky ujoints! Bout time you got to take the Jeep out and have some fun!
I would have gone a different route on the repair, had I not had plans to wheel tomorrow, sometimes no time = mo money spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
Towards the end of May I should be able to go. So Count me IN
The end of May was great last year. Once the first of the year comes around it'll be time to start seeing who is in and who is just talk. (I hope to be one of those that is in!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstax33 View Post
Good to see you got it fixed, and better to see you're wheeling tomorrow!!
Had I not been wanting / needing to go so bad I would have tried doing it all myself, but there just weren't enough hours in the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I too am planning a trip to Moab in May 2013. Ive heard its the best time and I've always wanted to take a cross country trip. Few friends up this way are interested as well, when the time gets closer Ill have to get a "JF off the computer on to Moab" thread going.
If we end up planning the same time period we may a good caravan of jeeps driving across the midwest.

I told the wife if I don't get back to Moab in 2013 (in the jeep, not her Explorer), or out to Black Bear Pass in 2013 I'm getting rid of the Jeep and getting a Boss 302 Mustang....the wheeling would be cheaper.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #2148
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would just get the 5.0 GT mustang and throw a Rousch supercharger in it and have close to 600hp. I love the turn signals on the new mustangs.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #2149
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
I would just get the 5.0 GT mustang and throw a Rousch supercharger in it and have close to 600hp. I love the turn signals on the new mustangs.
There is a Rousch sitting at the local dealer......

I think the new stang is the best one since 1965.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 07-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #2150
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Go get it then, screw jeeps lol. A rousch supercharger is only a $7k mod.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #2151
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

**** the rousch supercharger. All about that Kenne Bell.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #2152
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I always thought if sell my jeep and get something fast. When I drive my friends mustang, it just shows I would get too many tickets, burn just as much gas, and get just as many chicks. So I'm keeping the Jeep LOL
Unread 07-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #2153
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I always thought if sell my jeep and get something fast. When I drive my friends mustang, it just shows I would get too many tickets, burn just as much gas, and get just as many chicks. So I'm keeping the Jeep LOL
Tickets are my main concern....getting a suspended license would not be good for me.

I'd have to do track days, because I'd have a huge need for speed.

Unread 07-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #2154
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Tickets are my main concern....getting a suspended license would not be good for me.

I'd have to do track days, because I'd have a huge need for speed.
Yeah it's hard to contain myself when I'm driving my dads 06 GT and my buddy pulls up next to me in his 01 cobra.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 07-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #2155
Zjones1994
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Or say screw the stang and get a camaro..
USN Hull #233
Check out my build!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1347318/
Zjones1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #2156
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjones1994 View Post
Or say screw the stang and get a camaro..
What a terrible idea

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 07-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #2157
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I can't do it. Speed is fun, speed and jeeps is better. That's my direction
Unread 07-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #2158
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Stangs, Camaro's....blah, blah, blah.....

Someone wants to go wheeling with me tomorrow...

Thankfully these two didn't have the keys.....

Unread 07-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #2159
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I went to The Cliffs Off Road Park today and wheeled the jeep, for the first time since installing the new fenders. I wheeled with Shortstax33, who now has a Yellow Rubi, that is very much like mine was the first time I took it out on the trail. It was kind of cool to see how his performed, compared to mine. I was able to see first hand the before mod and after mod performances. I'll be doing a trail report later, but I'll post pics here too.

Unread 07-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #2160
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So we get wheeling pics of the Explorer , but none of the Rubicon ?

On a side note I drove past The Cliffs a few years back for work and thought that I needed to bring my Jeep next time I headed that way .

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.