Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 143 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #2131
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
In Moab, without my Jeep. I'll have to get some dirt under the Explorer's tires before I leave.....
Wheeling the wife's 2012 Explorer on Onion Creek Trail, in Moab....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #2132
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06

Thumbs up...
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #2133
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
Thumbs up...
I was trying to make the best of if.....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 07-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #2134
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

That is the same place I took my rental Grand Cherokee when I was working in Moab Lots of water crossings through there , and the water does have a peculiar smell . Did you go all the way back to the ranch / Rose Garden Hill entrance ?

[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/just-another-lj-build-1055533/] Just another LJ build[/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/moab-utah-june-1st-june-14th-2013-a-1444235/]June 2013 Moab Trip [/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/tj-wrangler-trailer-build-1427938/]Wrangler tub trailer build[/url]
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #2135
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
That is the same place I took my rental Grand Cherokee when I was working in Moab Lots of water crossings through there , and the water does have a peculiar smell . Did you go all the way back to the ranch / Rose Garden Hill entrance ?
Nope. I did last year, in the Rubi. I just gave the girls a look at the wilderness, on our way home. I need to get back out there next year...the correct way.

Unread 07-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #2136
shortstax33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in for that trip!

"And if anyone's curious, the answer is yes. I drink beer before/during all mechanical surgery on my vehicles. " - yours truly.
shortstax33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #2137
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstax33 View Post
I'm in for that trip!
We need to go in May, the weather is much nicer then. 2 days out, 5 days there, 2 days back, should do it.

Unread 07-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #2138
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

That May or May not work for me.

Jokes aside. If I am stateside I will be pulling hard to make it out there.
Unread 07-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #2139
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We need to go in May, the weather is much nicer then. 2 days out, 5 days there, 2 days back, should do it.
I agree, early May is about the best time to visit Moab, not to many people on the trail and great wheelin weather. Both are trips to Moab were in the first week of May great weather both times, low eighties to low nineties every day. Cannot ask for better weather than that

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #2140
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I took the Rubi out tonight to test out the 4wd, lockers and such, in preparation of this weekends wheeling trip....all isn't well. I have some grinding / popping coming from the front driver side wheel.....unit bearing perhaps? No matter what it is, it's probably putting a huge damper in my plans to go wheeling on Saturday.....

Unread 07-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #2141
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I picked up a new unit bearing today, so maybe all has not been lost, but it may be the axle joints....so we'll see.

Unread 07-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #2142
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got the jeep back. I went ahead and had the new unit bearing put in on the driver side (since I already had it, and it had to come off anyway) along with new axle joints on both sides. The bearing was actually fine and I'm keeping it as a spare. The joints were nothing but dust inside. All is good now and I'm ready to wheel tomorrow. Someday when I get around to it I'll buy a unit bearing for the other side and replace it too.

Unread 07-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #2143
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had a feeling it was those pesky ujoints! Bout time you got to take the Jeep out and have some fun!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #2144
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Towards the end of May I should be able to go. So Count me IN
Unread 07-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #2145
shortstax33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Good to see you got it fixed, and better to see you're wheeling tomorrow!!

"And if anyone's curious, the answer is yes. I drink beer before/during all mechanical surgery on my vehicles. " - yours truly.
shortstax33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.