Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail TJ, YJ and CJ A/T Fender Flares available @ Oconee Off-Roa*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 12-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #196
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a quick question. I am installing the Ome springs today. There is a letter a on one spring and a b on the oths on the left and rt rear?

Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #197
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I have a quick question. I am installing the Ome springs today. There is a letter a on one spring and a b on the oths on the left and rt rear?
Front: A=driver B=passenger
Rear: A=passenger B=Driver

The A springs are taller, and are supposed to offset the weight of the driver and the torque of the motor....or so I was told.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #198
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strizzy View Post
Lookin good Jeff!
Maybe I missed it, but what are you doing about the stock shovel?
And just wait until you get that front bumper and put some weight on the OME HD suspension. The ride gets even better.
And how was the install of the anti-rock? I'm looking at that as my next upgrade.
Thanks. I'm going to go with a Skidrow engine skid, for now, to get rid of the stock tranny skid and protect my oil pan.

Down the road (Stage 2) I want to do a tummy tuck, but that will involve adjustable control arms, CV drive shaft and maybe a couple of other things. After throwing almost 5 grand into this thing the wife really isn't up for more big upgrades at them moment.

The antirock didn't take very long at all. The nylon bushings that go in the tube behind the front bumper were the worst part. They didn't want to fit. I filed the inside of the tube a bit, then applied some heat....they went right in. I checked out the write up on Stu-Offroad before they even arrived.

The ride is pretty good right now and I'm hoping the bumper/winch combo doesn't cause too much sag. If it does I'll just install some spacers.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #199
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm still waiting on my bumper, rock rails, winch install and engine skid........it's killing me.

Unread 12-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #200
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe the snow will give me the opportunity to have some fun.......

And here's my dog, Miranda, who was having fun with her stick.

Unread 12-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #201
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

nice pics, i wish it would snow up here already!
CONNOR_99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #202
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is a pretty German you got there, How old?

O ya pretty jeep to
Unread 12-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #203
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
That is a pretty German you got there, How old?

O ya pretty jeep to
She's 3 1/2 and loves Jeeps.

Unread 12-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #204
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
She's 3 1/2 and loves Jeeps.
I don't know if animals are allowed at Badlands, if so, why haven't you brought her there?

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #205
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99goldxj View Post
I don't know if animals are allowed at Badlands, if so, why haven't you brought her there?
They are, I've thought about it, but I usually have her seat full of gear.

Unread 12-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #206
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My Speedohealer arrived today, I'll try to find time tomorrow to get it installed and report back.

Unread 12-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #207
lukem80
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Y so serious! Just found this thread man I got a lot of catching up to do
lukem80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #208
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Speedohealer

I installed the Speedohealer today, and no that's not a pill you take to keep you from wearing a banana hammock in public.

The install was pretty easy, just like Blue Monkey Motorsports' video shows. The hardest part was disconnecting the factory connector and running the Speedohealer wire over the transfer case to the engine bay.

I ended up taping the wire end to a piece of doll rod and fed it through.

It took me 15 minutes to install and program the Speedohealer. Programming it actually took about one minute.

There's a chart that allows you to figure out what perentage you have to set. I set mine at 9.1%. I took it out for a quick spin and found it was spot on at 20, 30, 40 and 50 mph....I couldn't head out on the hwy yet, but will later, but I'm sure it's dead on there too.

Unread 12-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #209
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeeps lookin good!
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #210
DanZ51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow Deja Vu!

I just subscribed to this thread. You're taking the same path I want to (as soon as my checkbook recovers): 2" Emu, etc. My tires came first (265's) along with a 1" BL. I want to do a tummy tuck this spring; that shovel is driving me crazy.

I didn't roll a YJ before the rubi... It was a Jimmy, sporting 6.2 turbo diesel on one tons, rolling 38x15x15's. Thought I'd take the mild route with the Rubi

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.