Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 135 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #2011
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
It hasnt thrown a trouble code yet ?

Cant believe it took you this long to go without doors , its great to have it all off when your wheeling ... and then you fold down the windshield .
Haven't seen any codes.

I fought and fought the passenger side door last year.....finally gave up.

Today I was a bit more persistent.

I've never put the windshield down, not on my CJ, YJ or will I with the TJ.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #2012
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

throttle cable. just a guess lol.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #2013
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Did you check for codes with a scan tool or just by seeing if the light was on or not? Not all codes will turn on the CEL.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #2014
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
Did you check for codes with a scan tool or just by seeing if the light was on or not? Not all codes will turn on the CEL.
I've driven it a couple of times, since the panic subsided.

I just did a drive with the engine and cat cold. It does the same thing.

I was doing 30 and stepped on it, the RPM's climbed to about 3500, but the jeep seemed to bog instead of go. The tranny shifted the RPM's dropped down and the jeep accelerated to 55....if I stomped on the gas again it'd hit 4000 RPM's and stay there...no more speed, no more RPM's...letting off the gas would allow the RPM's to drop and the tranny to shift.

I could hear the "wooshing" sound, and it sounded as if it was coming from under the jeep.

I did the key trick to check for codes.....there were none. The odometer just said....done. I wish it would have said fixed.

I guess I'll have to find a scan tool.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 06-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #2015
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It has nothing to do with the tranny as it does it in park @ 4000 rpm. Best I can describe it is when I push the gas to 4000 rpm it misses. I had a scan tool put on it....no codes there either.

Unread 06-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #2016
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
It has nothing to do with the tranny as it does it in park @ 4000 rpm. Best I can describe it is when I push the gas to 4000 rpm it misses. I had a scan tool put on it....no codes there either.
O2 sensors or Cat dude. That's what it sounds like to me
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #2017
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If the engine misses it should set misfire codes.
To check the cats loosen the exhaust pipes at the manifold to kinda bypass the cats take it for a very short quick run and see if it runs better

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #2018
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

At times I hear a slight rattle coming from below.....I'm going with the cat being bad. My dad listened to it and that's what he thought too.

I'll try and find out for sure tomorrow.

Unread 06-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #2019
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I like it. Well, except for the scratches I caused. I've often contemplated painting the grill black, but for now I'll just get some color matched touch up.
Bedliner? I sprayed the front of mine with the Duplicolor stuff. First can was faulty and I had to sand it a bit. Second can was fine, if you didn't like it you could spray it yellow probably.

Have no idea on your rpm issue, cat makes sense though. You should still be able to get that covered under warranty if that is what it is.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #2020
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Time to go with a new exhaust system then. Time to upgrade to 2.5in pipe.
Unread 06-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #2021
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Time to go with a new exhaust system then. Time to upgrade to 2.5in pipe.
Time will tell. It's in the shop. I don't know if it's fuel filter related, cat related, something I don't know related. Maybe it's something as simple as a bad spark plug....

As of 5:12pm, I've heard nothing....tomorrow maybe.

Unread 06-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #2022
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think the cat's have been ruled out. A new fuel filter is going in, and we'll see what that does, if anything.

It might be time to trade this puppy in for a Mustang....if I can't figure it out.

Unread 06-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #2023
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I highly doubt it's the fuel filter. How did they rule out the cats, plugs, and O2 sensors? My rig's perceived power output slow deteriorated when my downstream cat was getting worse. The day I cut that thing off was a great, great day. The thing ran like a raped ape.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #2024
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I highly doubt it's the fuel filter. How did they rule out the cats, plugs, and O2 sensors? My rig's perceived power output slow deteriorated when my downstream cat was getting worse. The day I cut that thing off was a great, great day. The thing ran like a raped ape.
Started with the O2 sensors, then completely unhooked the exhaust, eliminating the cats from the situation...supposedly, since the exhaust could only be pulled away from the engine an inch or two. Didn't run it long that way either, but it still did it. I'd rather put in a new fuel filter and find out it's not it, that put in new cats and find out it's not them.

If the filter does nothing it'll be back to the drawing board, and I'll be looking for a different mechanic.

This really pisses me off, it's enough to make me want to get rid of the whole damn jeep....seriously, I hate this.

Unread 06-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #2025
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lol its rly not a big issue. Now if you had death wobble then it would be a different story. That is why my jeep has set in the driveway for 6 months and counting. Im tired of working on it and never seem to find the problem. Free gas driving the store truck doesnt seem to sway me fixing it either haha.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.