Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 133 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #1981
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Fuzz View Post
The wells look right. Guess I need to do that.
Get the 3M undercoating in the green can.....at least that's what I was told by my body guy. It was 8 bucks a can, and one can wouldn't have done it, so I'm glad I bought two.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #1982
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's starting to get hard to believe it's the same jeep.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #1983
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Jeff I'd stay away from tube flares unless your going full corner armor. One rub against a tree and your tub will give before the flare.

Jeeps looking great by the way

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #1984
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks good. How many miles do you have on your MTRs?
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #1985
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422 View Post
Jeep looks good. How many miles do you have on your MTRs?
It's got to be around 20,000 or so. They are starting to get a bit louder.

Unread 06-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #1986
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Why haven't you shipped them to me yet?
PM me your address. I want these gone. Lets see what you can so with them. Just pay shipping ?
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #1987
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I may or may not have purchased my solution for the rear stock flares........

Unread 06-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #1988
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I may or may not have purchased my solution for the rear stock flares........
What may they or may they not be?
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #1989
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Please, do tell!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #1990
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Please, do tell!
Quote:
What may they or may they not be?
They may or may not be a surprise.....

Unread 06-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #1991
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Rear 4'' Xenons like ive been telling you? Upgrade the hardware from the crap the factory uses. Also use 3M backing tape if u want a close fit. I use 303 Protectant on mine to keep em lookin good.
MountainMan864 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #1992
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Rear 4'' Xenons like ive been telling you? Upgrade the hardware from the crap the factory uses. Also use 3M backing tape if u want a close fit. I use 303 Protectant on mine to keep em lookin good.
You mean the flatties right?

Unread 06-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #1993
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yes. rear 4'' Xenon flat flares for TJs. 4x4groupbuy has the best price. Then I got 4wd or 4wp to match the price and they had better shipping. You gonna paint the access panel or leave it shiny? Looks like a good place for a sticker haha.
MountainMan864 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #1994
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Yes. rear 4'' Xenon flat flares for TJs.
Hmmm......maybe.

Unread 06-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #1995
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I did the JK signals tonight.

Things went really well........for the first one.

I think I got them pretty even. I made a template off the first one and taped it in place for the second one.

I didn't have to remove the headlights, but I removed the rings to make sure I could see behind the headlights, so I didn't drill into something. I fed the stock wiring in from behind in a pre-existing opening.

It turned out pretty good. I painted the exposed metal black, to prevent rusting.

The drill kicked back on me on the second one.....causing a few scratches to the grill..... Oh well, I'll get some touch up paint, it's not a show Jeep.

For the side markers I just used the stock bulb. I pushed it through the holes the MC LED's go into, and they snapped right in.

I don't know if this will be the final set up, but if works out, it'll stay. It was free.

I painted the housing the bulb sits in black. I also painted the yellow bolts black.

The lights look pretty even.

I like it. Well, except for the scratches I caused. I've often contemplated painting the grill black, but for now I'll just get some color matched touch up.

The hole thing took less than an hour.

Edit 1/3/14: For the record, I used a 3 1/8" hole saw.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.