Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #181
teesh
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Guess I was lucky.....mine is dead-nuts on compared to my GPS.

What did he mean by having the dealer "change your computer over"?

teesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #182
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesh View Post
Guess I was lucky.....mine is dead-nuts on compared to my GPS.

What did he mean by having the dealer "change your computer over"?
In theory you can have the dealer reprogram your computer to your new tire size. I've read that it doesn't always work with the 42rle, so I looked at other options. The speedo healer can be changed, by me, to match whatever size tire I run. This would mean I wouldn't have to pay a dealer to change my tire size if I choose to move up a tire size in the future.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #183
teesh
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for that info.
teesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #184
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like it could be a few weeks before my bumper and sliders arrive, which is no biggie really. Some of my other things (radiator skid, power steering skid, speedo healer) should be here in the next day or so.

It looks like we're supposed to get some snow, so maybe I'll at least be able to go out and play.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #185
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The weatherman let me down, no real snow, just some flurries.

I did get a visit from the UPS man today...

My steering box and radiator should be a bit safer with those.

My speedo healer is scheduled to arrive Tuesday.

One more day of work, then it's two weeks off, so I'll have time to get a few things done.

Unread 12-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #186
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I went out and checked my speedo against my GPS at 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70 miles per hour. It appears my speedo is off by 10%. Hopefully Tuesday I'll be able to correct that, when the speedo healer arrives.

Unread 12-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #187
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This morning I finally checked the psi in the new MTR's....as I thought the tire guys had them set pretty high...40psi. I dropped them down to 26psi, which is closer to what I ran on my YJ. The roads are too snow covered/wet to try the chalk test, but I noticed a little less thump when hitting sharp bumps right off the bat.

Unread 12-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #188
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Tire jockies will never cease to amaze me with their unbelievably limited knowledge of the weight of a vehicle and its corresponding tire pressure. Ridiculous. I think 30-32 psi should be perfect for yours. I've ran 28 psi on the road in both my old 35" KM2's and current MTR's. Wear has been stellar.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #189
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

40psi! I run 30 psi with my 33s
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #190
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Matching skids. Your new engine skid is skid row too. Speaking of it. Any idea what's going on with that?

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #191
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Matching skids. Your new engine skid is skid row too. Speaking of it. Any idea what's going on with that?
Hopefully next time out I'll pick it up. I want to get down to the Badlands before January is over.....I'm itching.

I'm trying to remember, last time out didn't Smoke end up with it in his truck?

Unread 12-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #192
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Tire jockies will never cease to amaze me with their unbelievably limited knowledge of the weight of a vehicle and its corresponding tire pressure. Ridiculous. I think 30-32 psi should be perfect for yours. I've ran 28 psi on the road in both my old 35" KM2's and current MTR's. Wear has been stellar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
40psi! I run 30 psi with my 33s
I used to run 25psi in my YJ's 33's. I could tell these were a bit over inflated, but it's been so darn cold and snowy lately I figured I'd wait until the sun came out to deal with it.

Unread 12-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #193
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I installed my Skidrow radiator and steering box skids today. You can kind of see them in some of these pics:

Ok, you can't see them here, but so what.....

This is as close to wheeling as I can get right now....

Unread 12-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #194
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I figured as long as I was under the jeep today I'd go ahead and center my steering wheel, being as the lift caused it to be off, slightly, to the left. As it turns out it's now slightly off to the right..., I was going to fine tune it, but one of the bolts on the drag link is being a pain. Trying to tighten the nut spins the bolt, which of course has a round head, so holding it is near impossible. I got them both tightened back up, figured I'd find some replacement bolts, with an actual heads on them, and new nuts, then mess with it. It seems nothing is easy on these things.

Unread 12-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #195
Strizzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Lookin good Jeff!
Maybe I missed it, but what are you doing about the stock shovel?
And just wait until you get that front bumper and put some weight on the OME HD suspension. The ride gets even better.
And how was the install of the anti-rock? I'm looking at that as my next upgrade.
Strizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.