Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 120 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #1786
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The weather is not what it needs to be for me to work outside today, so no more progress has been or will be made on the corners until next weekend, at the earliest.

I've decided to fit them to the jeep then, if need be (aka: I scratch them), I'll give them another coat of paint. I'll be on call for the next two weekends, so if the weather is nice I'll have plenty of time (as long as I don't get called into work) to work on the install.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #1787
BRay

Last night I finally made it to the end of reading this entire thread. You have put together a very good trail vehicle Jeffro. I like what you are doing.

Looks like sunny days this weekend which will be good for working on your Jeep getting the trail corners on.
BRay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #1788
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post
Last night I finally made it to the end of reading this entire thread. You have put together a very good trail vehicle Jeffro. I like what you are doing.

Looks like sunny days this weekend which will be good for working on your Jeep getting the trail corners on.
Thanks.....It'd be nice to find the time to do the corners, they just keep sitting there, taunting me.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 04-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #1789
crazycollinz
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just send them to me I have the weekend free!
crazycollinz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #1790
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycollinz View Post
Just send them to me I have the weekend free!
If have a free weekend too.....it's just going to be crappy weather wise.

Unread 04-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #1791
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

The only chance of rain here is for tomorrow morning. It is supposed to be decent afterwards. Are you guys getting more rain than up here? I would have guessed you'd have some decent weather to work outside.
Unread 04-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #1792
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadDog View Post
The only chance of rain here is for tomorrow morning. It is supposed to be decent afterwards. Are you guys getting more rain than up here? I would have guessed you'd have some decent weather to work outside.
Not really....it's just cold, too cold to remove the top, so until it warms up there will be no corner install.

Unread 04-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #1793
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

What about the heater trick for the top?
Unread 04-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #1794
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadDog View Post
What about the heater trick for the top?
I'll wait until it's warm and sunny, that way I can catch a few rays at the same time.

Unread 04-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #1795
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Not really....it's just cold, too cold to remove the top, so until it warms up there will be no corner install.
Can we get some sneak peek picture of the corners?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #1796
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Boooo

It's alright, I'm procrastinating on my corner install as well.

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #1797
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Boooo

It's alright, I'm procrastinating on my corner install as well.
I'm not procrastinating.....I'm waiting for warm weather. It's freaking cold out. If I had a big old warm garage I'd be all over it, especially since I'm on call at work and can't really go anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Can we get some sneak peek picture of the corners?
Sure, why not....

They aren't perfect....but once I do the install, I'll take them off and give them a final coat of paint. I may even sand them a bit before hitting them with the final coat.

Unread 04-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #1798
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sexy!
Unread 04-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #1799
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

The paint looks great! What rattle did you go with (sorry if you already covered this)? And you will definitely need to touch those up after placing them and taking them on and off to get the holes drilled.

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #1800
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
The paint looks great! What rattle did you go with (sorry if you already covered this)? And you will definitely need to touch those up after placing them and taking them on and off to get the holes drilled.
Rust-Oleum gloss black acrylic laquer, on top of Rust-Oleum self etching primer.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.