Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 118 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #1756
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
So if I order Metal Cloak Overlines the question of the day would be.....4" or 6" flares? I'm thinking the 4" flares would look better with my wheel and tire package.

"Purely hypothetical"...
I dont even know why they make a 6" flare. 4" overline is where its at, but I am a little biased.

Unread 04-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #1757
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Fuzz View Post
I dont even know why they make a 6" flare. 4" overline is where its at, but I am a little biased.
I'm thinking of copying you on the JK signals too....I mean hypothetically.

Do you have side markers too?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #1758
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm thinking of copying you on the JK signals too....I mean hypothetically.

Do you have side markers too?
No side markers for me. I never got around to installing any since its not required equipment in Texas.
Unread 04-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #1759
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I spent $1300 today.................

But it was on taxes, not the jeep.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 04-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #1760
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Overlines? Moving right along I see! Does this mean a tire upgrade is in the works? Those 32's are gonna look tiny!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #1761
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03
Overlines? Moving right along I see! Does this mean a tire upgrade is in the works? Those 32's are gonna look tiny!
I'm don't think that is what he just spent his money on..
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #1762
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
The tire upgrade would be down the road, as they'll have to be accompanied by gears....cha-ching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I'm don't think that is what he just spent his money on..
Not yet anyway.

Unread 04-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #1763
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The tire upgrade would be down the road, as they'll have to be accompanied by gears....cha-ching.
Jeff you could easily get away with running 35s with those D44 axles, 4.10 gearing, and that 42RLE trans. You are at a 4:1 crawl ratio in 4LO as well, so IMO it would be more then manageable..

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #1764
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Good group at MC. Stopped by their facility to check out the Overlines when they first came out and He took time to show me around and got to see several rigs with them installed. Sold me on them from that point. As you probably know, you'll have to trim your sliders to fit. Think Fuzz did on his if I remember correctly. That was a million pages ago on his build.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #1765
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Jeff you could easily get away with running 35s with those D44 axles, 4.10 gearing, and that 42RLE trans. You are at a 4:1 crawl ratio in 4LO as well, so IMO it would be more then manageable..
Hwy gearing is my bigger concern and after driving cross country with the 32's, there is no way in hell I'd ever try that on 35's w/out a re-gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
As you probably know, you'll have to trim your sliders to fit. Think Fuzz did on his if I remember correctly. That was a million pages ago on his build.
Yeppers, I know. I've got Fuzz's page bookmarked.

Unread 04-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #1766
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

4.10s with 35s isnt bad at all with my 6speed

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #1767
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
4.10s with 35s isnt bad at all with my 6speed
My auto, on 32's...in the Rocky Mountains...sucked. Any slower and I would have been parked. Heck even trying to maintain 70 mph on a flat hwy in Nebraska was not an easy feat....unless you don't mind turning 4000 rpms for long periods of time.

Unread 04-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #1768
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My auto, on 32's...in the Rocky Mountains...sucked. Any slower and I would have been parked. Heck even trying to maintain 70 mph on a flat hwy in Nebraska was not an easy feat....unless you don't mind turning 4000 rpms for long periods of time.
Larger tires will help balance out that power range Jeff

You wont have as much launch speed but you will still be able to use all of your gears for daily driving and run lower rpms at higher speeds.

Unless you meant that you werent able to hit 70 unless you turned your OD off, then were running 4k rpms in 3rd?? There's no way you should be hitting 4k rpms @ 70 mph w/ OD.

4.10s are not ideal for 35s, but they are manageable. But I know you Jeff, you don't want to make that step until you do it in an ideal way.

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #1769
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You guys aren't realizing that the 42rle auto is a turd. It bogs the motor down whenever it gets the chance to and it uses every opportunity to get into OD. Even with OD off, it's still a turd, but I have 3.73s.
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #1770
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
You guys aren't realizing that the 42rle auto is a turd. It bogs the motor down whenever it gets the chance to and it uses every opportunity to get into OD. Even with OD off, it's still a turd, but I have 3.73s.
QFT

The 42rle sucks. I tried overdrive off, on you name it, as I went cross country, at times it felt like I was going to blow that thing up just trying to do the speed limit...thanks to the high winds trying to blow me backwards. Steep climbs with the OD off were slow going too. Off road however it treated me well.

I'm sure I could get away with 35's off road, around my neck of the woods though. Maybe a second set of wheels and tires will be in my future, someday. Like when my lottery numbers are drawn...

ps...my trail corners arrived!

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.