Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 107 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #1591
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been driving all week with out a top on. It's awesome!

Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #1592
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've been driving all winter without doors & topless or bikini, but that's FL... I saw two hard tops for sale here on CL for under $400 this week. At least it didn't break at the start of winter.
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #1593
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be taking the kids to school in the jeep, topless, here in a few. Another warm sunny day is headed our way, too bad I have to work.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #1594
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
I've been driving all winter without doors & topless or bikini, but that's FL... I saw two hard tops for sale here on CL for under $400 this week. At least it didn't break at the start of winter.
Need one of those, or a broken one. :shh:

I need one to chop up Jeffro...
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #1595
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I'm jealous. Perfect weather for driving around topless.
So am I....Parts are back-ordered on my rig so I cant get it off the stinking Jack Stands.

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #1596
Redcrazzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
That does make this little boo-boo a bit easier to take....not to mention the jeep looks meaner with the Rampage than it does with the hard top.
I completely agree...Yesterday took my old worn out top and put my Rampage top on and it looks way better. I bet it looks really good with your jeep being yellow.

Did you take any pics of it with the new top on?
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]RED HULK BUILD--->[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/red-hulk-build-1343871/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/red-hulk-build-1343871/[/URL][/SIZE]
I need mo money
[SIZE="5"][B][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB #757[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]SUPPORT[COLOR="White"] OUR[COLOR="Red"] TROOPS[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE]
[QUOTE=Monster747;13003951]I am running 37" with 3.07 gearing no issue on highway and excellent offroad.[/QUOTE]
Redcrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #1597
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sucks to hear bout your hardtop! Brings back bad memories for me cause that almost happened to me a couple summers ago when trying to ratchet up mine with my rinkydink set up in my carport!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #1598
laduckslayer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I hoisted the top off the jeep tonight and all was good, well almost. I had the top hoisted to the ceiling in the garage, but it was hanging a bit more to one side than the other. (I use two ratchet straps per side to hold the weight off of the hoist cable) I figured I'd even things out. Here's where **** went terribly wrong.

While I was working on one side the hoist cable let loose.... The top flipped over and fell to the floor, breaking the rear window into a gazzillion pieces. The top itself held up pretty well, two small cracks on the outside, at the top edge of the rear window. I'm sure it can be fixed, but I'm not real worried about it right now, hell it's warm outside, who needs a stinking hard top anyway?

So much for worrying about wheeling with the hard top on and smacking a tree.

Much to my wife's surprise, and complete amazement actually, I didn't even get mad. No cussing, no throwing things, nothing......I guess that just proves I didn't really care for the hard top being on the jeep anyway.

After all was said and done I took the jeep for a night time ride.....topless!

I wonder if my insurance will pay for my stupidity?
Yep, they should. That's one thing that carriers say ~ we insured stupidity!

Not inferring your stupid, just using your words. Actually, your carrier may very well cover your loss, just depends on the difference of the top and the deductible, and whether or not a potential premium increase is worth it. Sorry to hear about you accident, but you do have that bad a$$ soft top...

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][FONT="Arial"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/06-rubi-lj-big-thunder-1348505/"]Big Thunder[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
laduckslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #1599
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcrazzy View Post
I completely agree...Yesterday took my old worn out top and put my Rampage top on and it looks way better. I bet it looks really good with your jeep being yellow.

Did you take any pics of it with the new top on?
I've got a ton of pics with the Rampage on it.

And the top really looks cool here....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #1600
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I need to make some time today to try that stupid driver side axle end upper control arm bolt again........so much fun.

Edit: I got an impact on it....nothing. I'll have to call in a favor and get it up on a rack so I can get some leverage on it.

Unread 03-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #1601
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I fixed my hoist and got my top up out of the way. My insurance agent said there's a good chance it'll be covered under comp. I guess we'll see. Some have said, tell them "this" happened, or "this" happened....well that ain't going to happen. I'll tell them exactly what happened, if it's not covered, so be it.

Cleaning up all that shattered glass was a real treat.

Unread 03-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #1602
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I finally managed to get my breaker bar positioned on that stupid bolt....it's free!! Now I need to go find some replacement bolts.....after I find a ride.

Unread 03-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #1603
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just as an FYI, and I know coverage may vary. But my hardtop glass broke on accident earlier this year. Was 100% covered by my comp insurance. I have State Farm. Good luck and I enjoy this build!
Unread 03-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #1604
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I finally finished installing the Rokmen front upper control arms. I replaced the axle end bolts with grade 8, 9/16 bolts. The stock bolts wouldn't even go through the control arms anyway. I'll have pictures in a bit. No rubbing, no noises, drives great. I did however cut my head......again.

Unread 03-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #1605
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Pics from today:

Miranda was loving the weather.

I mean, could you ask for a nicer day.....in March?

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.