Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #1576
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Fuzz
Get the last of the CA's installed?
Nope. One last bolt, and it's being a *****.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #1577
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Graham
What's up Jeffro...remember me? The jeep looks great. I'm hoping to buy something exactly like what you have later this fall. Can't wait!
Yeppers. Thanks. I'm really liking the Rubi, don't even miss my YJ.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #1578
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I spent a few hours giving the garage a cleaning.....that's the worst part about working on the jeep. Now that's nice and clean I can get the jeep back in there for more wrenching. Better yet there's room to back it in and hoist the top off....soon I hope.

Unread 03-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #1579
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I spent 7 bucks to get a lighted, flexible, magnetic retrieval tool today......fished my socket out of my frame rail...lol.

Unread 03-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #1580
JeepinAaron
2003 WJ 

I just read your build, nice jeep. Also nice to see a fellow leo and gsd owner, except my dog is a work dog. I have been trying to talk my wheeling buddy to build his jeep similar to yours so he doesn't kill his drive ability. I also took a pilgrimage to Moab in 2011, ultimate adventure style too. Except I had to drive from nc and back!

On your rampage top, what kind of header do you have? I read most of the pages but I skipped a few that were mostly talk. My LJ had a rampage top on it and the header makes a lot of wind noise. How does yours attach? Mine bolts down, seems awkward. I'm waiting on it to warm up before I mess with it too much.
JeepinAaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #1581
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinAaron View Post
I just read your build, nice jeep. Also nice to see a fellow leo and gsd owner, except my dog is a work dog. I have been trying to talk my wheeling buddy to build his jeep similar to yours so he doesn't kill his drive ability. I also took a pilgrimage to Moab in 2011, ultimate adventure style too. Except I had to drive from nc and back!

On your rampage top, what kind of header do you have? I read most of the pages but I skipped a few that were mostly talk. My LJ had a rampage top on it and the header makes a lot of wind noise. How does yours attach? Mine bolts down, seems awkward. I'm waiting on it to warm up before I mess with it too much.
Everyone always asks me if my dog is a cop dog.....I always say yes....I mean it is, technically.

I cant wait to go back to Moab, being able to drive there and back is part of the experience.

I can't even remember what header I bought.....I'll have to look into the for you. Hopefully I'll be bringing up from the basement and putting it on real soon.

Unread 03-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #1582
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Best top no drill header.

Unread 03-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #1583
JeepinAaron
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I cant wait to go back to Moab, being able to drive there and back is part of the experience.
yep, I probably won't go back this year, my wheeling buddy is having a baby and we just bought a house this winter so there goes the Moab budget.
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #1584
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I need to find time to get the hard top off the jeep....man this weather is nice, I hope it sticks around.

Unread 03-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #1585
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I hear ya man I really want to plan a trip in 2013 and Ill be driving all the way from CT!
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #1586
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oops!!

I hoisted the top off the jeep tonight and all was good, well almost. I had the top hoisted to the ceiling in the garage, but it was hanging a bit more to one side than the other. (I use two ratchet straps per side to hold the weight off of the hoist cable) I figured I'd even things out. Here's where **** went terribly wrong.

While I was working on one side the hoist cable let loose.... The top flipped over and fell to the floor, breaking the rear window into a gazzillion pieces. The top itself held up pretty well, two small cracks on the outside, at the top edge of the rear window. I'm sure it can be fixed, but I'm not real worried about it right now, hell it's warm outside, who needs a stinking hard top anyway?

So much for worrying about wheeling with the hard top on and smacking a tree.

Much to my wife's surprise, and complete amazement actually, I didn't even get mad. No cussing, no throwing things, nothing......I guess that just proves I didn't really care for the hard top being on the jeep anyway.

After all was said and done I took the jeep for a night time ride.....topless!

I wonder if my insurance will pay for my stupidity?

Unread 03-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #1587
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks big time though dude. You couldve just sold the hardtop for 800-100 bucks and spent the rest on a tummy tuck.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #1588
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rear window, with defroster.....$261.95 on Amazon, things could have been worse. If I want to fix it, I have all summer to do so, no biggie....**** happens.

Unread 03-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #1589
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm jealous. Perfect weather for driving around topless.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #1590
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I'm jealous. Perfect weather for driving around topless.
That does make this little boo-boo a bit easier to take....not to mention the jeep looks meaner with the Rampage than it does with the hard top.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.