Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 104 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 03-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #1546
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I sure hope the upper CA's go on easier than the lowers. I'm still recovering from fighting all those bolts. I have two busted knuckles (one on each hand, despite wearing gloved....most of the time), two cuts on the top of my head (those fender flares are sharp), "road rash" on my right tricep (from rubbing on the garage floor while trying to loosen a bolt), a cut but thankfully not broken nose (due to a wrench slipping off a bolt), and two sore hips bones (from laying on the damn concrete for hours on end). I'm getting to old for this stuff.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #1547
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I sure hope the upper CA's go on easier than the lowers. I'm still recovering from fighting all those bolts. I have two busted knuckles (one on each hand, despite wearing gloved....most of the time), two cuts on the top of my head (those fender flares are sharp), "road rash" on my right tricep (from rubbing on the garage floor while trying to loosen a bolt), a cut but thankfully not broken nose (due to a wrench slipping off a bolt), and two sore hips bones (from laying on the damn concrete for hours on end). I'm getting to old for this stuff.
Come on you gots to toughen up some and git er done

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #1548
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got an idea for ya..... Sell the jeep and all your problems will go away.
Unread 03-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #1549
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like it's time to pop a few ibprophens. You missing the YJ at all?

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #1550
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Come on you gots to toughen up some and git er done
I'm trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
I got an idea for ya..... Sell the jeep and all your problems will go away.
I've got twin 10 year old girls, so I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Sounds like it's time to pop a few ibprophens.
Did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
You missing the YJ at all?
Not really.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #1551
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

We're pulling for ya, my friend! Stay strong, it'll all be worth it!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #1552
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Before you start on the uppers, see if the tires will be in the way of the bolt access holes on the outside of the frame rails. If you can get a straight shot at them without the tires being in the way, you're good. If not, then you'll need to pull them off, set the axle on jack stands, and use a jack under the pinion just like I told you.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #1553
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

When I got home from work I crawled under the jeep and installed the rear upper CA's!!!!

Only problem I had was dropping a socket inside the frame rail on the passenger side. I'll have to fish that out later.

The rear uppers went on pretty easy compared to the lowers. Now to find time to do the front uppers, then the Currectlync.

No cuts, scrapes, bruises or other injuries to speak of tonight.

Took it for a drive, no vibes, drives nice.

Unread 03-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #1554
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Think it took me 15 minutes to do the steering. Give the knuckles and arm a few shots of lube of choice, and a couple wacks with a hammer today, again tomorrow morning, and do it tomorrow afternoon.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #1555
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojang View Post
Think it took me 15 minutes to do the steering. Give the knuckles and arm a few shots of lube of choice, and a couple wacks with a hammer today, again tomorrow morning, and do it tomorrow afternoon.
It looks like there's still a chance I'll be snowmobiling up north this weekend, if so the jeep is going to have to sit for a bit.

Unread 03-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #1556
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You gonna buy the JJ housing kit too? Or just replace the bushing on the housing? Im so jealous I hope you get Death Wobble.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #1557
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
You gonna buy the JJ housing kit too? Or just replace the bushing on the housing?
The what?

Quote:
Im so jealous I hope you get Death Wobble.
Thanks man....appreciate that.

Unread 03-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #1558
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The housing kit that replaces the factory bushings on the front axle housing with a JJ.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #1559
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The housing kit that replaces the factory bushings on the front axle housing with a JJ.
Nope, no cutting, no welding for me. I'll be happy with the upgrade these parts give me.

Unread 03-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #1560
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The housing JJ's do make a nice difference, especially considering that when the stock bushings wear down, it's a major DW culprit. Really easy job.....come down to Indy and one of us could do it for you.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.