Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 03-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #1516
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those look awesome Jeff. I look forward to reading your review on them.

midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #1517
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
I look forward to reading your review on them.
Trust me, so do I. It's been a long time since I've been out on the trails.....too long.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #1518
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Just remember during the install not to force grease in there, they don't take much.
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #1519
rubijosh
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So BEEFY
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #1520
my98tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

just read the whole thread...wow. i love the simple and functional approach you've taken with your rig. you friggin indyorv guys do it right man. i sold my first wrangler cause i thought i wanted something else and wasn't wheeling it enough. i turned around and sold the mustang and bought another wrangler cause it just wasn't for me. don't even think about selling that machine man.
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #1521
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by my98tj View Post
just read the whole thread...wow. i love the simple and functional approach you've taken with your rig. you friggin indyorv guys do it right man. i sold my first wrangler cause i thought i wanted something else and wasn't wheeling it enough. i turned around and sold the mustang and bought another wrangler cause it just wasn't for me. don't even think about selling that machine man.
You must have been bored.

Big lift and big tires on this jeep aren't for me, just yet. I figure it'll be tough enough to tackle the local ORV parks as well as a return trip (or 2) to Moab and still be fun to drive on a daily basis.

I won't do bigger tires until I can do it right, which means gears, beefier axles, and bigger brakes.....maybe in couple of years.

I've come to far with this rig to sell it.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #1522
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Those big boy arms look nice man. You should install them tonight and head on over tomorrow morning.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #1523
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Those big boy arms look nice man. You should install them tonight and head on over tomorrow morning.
X2

You can knock that out in a couple hrs.
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #1524
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
X2

You can knock that out in a couple hrs.
Too busy clearing snow.

Unread 03-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #1525
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My steering is sitting in the UPS warehouse, only 30 miles away, but I'll have to wait until Monday to get it.

Unread 03-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #1526
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

As much as I'd like to get my CA's on today, there's no way they're coming off by hand. Sucks not to have a garage and air tools.

Unread 03-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #1527
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
As much as I'd like to get my CA's on today, there's no way they're coming off by hand. Sucks not to have a garage and air tools.
Your more then welcome to drive on up here. I can lend ya a hand.
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #1528
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Too busy clearing snow.
Dude that sucks, The day you posted that it was 80 here in Nashville.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #1529
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Dude that sucks, The day you posted that it was 80 here in Nashville.
Thanks for sharing....I feel so much better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
Your more then welcome to drive on up here. I can lend ya a hand.
If I can't find someone local to help me out I may just take you up on that offer.

Unread 03-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #1530
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I tried working on the CA's, but they got the best of me. I was only able to get one of those bastards replaced. I managed to get the DS lower replaced. Tried the PS lower with no luck. The rear bolt loosened, but the front bolt isn't moving at all. I need a good impact gun and or some heat, neither of which I have.

Here's the old DS CA compared to the new Rokmen CA:

I did use anti-seize on the CA threads too.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.