Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #1486
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I feel confident your new steering will solve these issues! Have faith my friend! And your gonna love how much more solid your jeep will feel with those new CA's!
I'll also be glad to finally be at a point where I can just drive it, wheel it and enjoy it. These additions to the Jeep will be the last major mods for quite some time. I don't see myself changing anything in the drive train for quite some time to come. I'm going to spend the money on wheeling instead of building. Hmm, what a concept.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #1487
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03
I feel confident your new steering will solve these issues! Have faith my friend! And your gonna love how much more solid your jeep will feel with those new CA's!
Yep, tightens everything up. Back in the day(2009) when installed my Currie steering and rokmen arms. It was like i bought a newer Jeep.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #1488
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I'll also be glad to finally be at a point where I can just drive it, wheel it and enjoy it. These additions to the Jeep will be the last major mods for quite some time. I don't see myself changing anything in the drive train for quite some time to come. I'm going to spend the money on wheeling instead of building. Hmm, what a concept.
I know what you mean my friend! Mine felt like a new jeep, and I only could afford front lower CA's and ZJ steering at the time. Still made a huge improvement!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #1489
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Yep, tightens everything up. Back in the day(2009) when installed my Currie steering and rokmen arms. It was like i bought a newer Jeep.
Amen, my friend! Hope to get some front uppers soon, then just need to deal with those pesky axle bushings!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #1490
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got my shipping info on my Rokmen control arms this morning.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #1491
rubijosh
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I know, but I guess that just proves I'm crazy.

I can't believe the steering stabilizer controls that wobble like it does, unbelievable.
I dont have a SS and mine drives fine
Unread 02-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #1492
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubijosh View Post
I dont have a SS and mine drives fine
I was very surprised at how mine drove without it......scared too.

Unread 02-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #1493
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Isnt it nice to deal with a good reputable company unlike some others that have been mentioned in this thread lol.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #1494
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like you have other issues going on.....hopefully it's steering linkage or control arm-related.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #1495
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Sounds like you have other issues going on.....hopefully it's steering linkage or control arm-related.
I had it thrown up on the rack and looked at by someone smarter than me, the axle u-joints don't show any obvious signs of being an issue. The new adjustable track bar was installed while it was on the rack. Just putting on the new track bar made a noticeable difference in how it handles already. The steering still isn't sticking, I'm not sure if lubing the steering shaft linkage helped with that or what. In any case I'm not having anything done with the axle u-joints at this time. I'll wait until the control arms and Currectlync steering is installed and an alignment is done then we'll see how things look.

I flexed the jeep out and checked the new track bar....no rubbing on the diff! I can also turn lock to lock and not have any tires rubbing on the control arms, like the passenger side used to do.

I can't wait to get the new stuff installed and go wheeling. I'm still not sure I'll be able to do the control arms myself, since my garage space is super small and I have no air tools. Time will tell.

Unread 02-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #1496
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's my new Johnny Joint adjustable track bar.....

Some flex shots....

I love new stuff.

Unread 02-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #1497
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Any contact at full bump? When you get the new arms, you're gonna need to set them to do several things--caster, pinion angle, and set them to the point where the track bar 'just' clears the diff cover at full bump.

Good luck getting any alignment shop to handle that task.
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #1498
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Any contact at full bump? When you get the new arms, you're gonna need to set them to do several things--caster, pinion angle, and set them to the point where the track bar 'just' clears the diff cover at full bump.

Good luck getting any alignment shop to handle that task.
No contact, and I was almost, but not quite at full bump.

Well I won't be going to an "alignment shop". If I have to take it to a shop it'll be the local jeep dealer, which is ran by real jeepers, not posers. The owner has a 89 YJ on 38's, coil overs, a big 'ol V-8, and who knows what else. The only real bad part is I have to pay.

It'd sure be nice if I had a few wheeling buddies that lived close by.

Unread 02-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #1499
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Could always stop by Indy before wheeling this weekend.
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #1500
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Could always stop by Indy before wheeling this weekend.
Gotta get the parts first.

(Just checked my tracking info, control arms will be here Thursday, but the steering hasn't shipped yet)

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.