Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 12-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #136
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
You lucky SOB, I still have em even with a MML

Good to hear the Jeep is back, it looks great!
Sorry... And thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C.'sTJ View Post
It does look really good!
Thank you....there's still more to come.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #137
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Stock:

Tires and Lift:

The antirock gives a bit more body roll on the road, but I can make a quick lane change...like avoiding an object in the road...without fear. It takes a bit more to get into now. The wife likes it, so that's a plus. I'll take some measurements tomorrow to see what I gained compared to where it was when I started.

I believe the bumper is supposed to be here next week, not sure when I'll get it on. I may wait a week, since I have the last two weeks of the year off.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-11-2010, 01:33 AM   #138
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It looks mean now!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #139
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

It's very subtle......nicely done.
Unread 12-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #140
K.C.'sTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So how do you like the ride of the OME compared to stock?

It's in the middle of nowhere, only one way to get there, you gotta get a little mud on the tires. - Brad Paisley
K.C.'sTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #141
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am so Jealous. Sure looks great. Looks very drivable and wheelable.

I would recommend a Savvy Underarmor for sure. Then some Rokmen arms.

Paint it Black and I would have to know your address.
Just kidding.

Looks so Awesome . See you in March. You are going to Badlands on March 4-5.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #142
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I decided to take some pre-modification clearance measurements:

Front bumper: 18 3/4"
Rear bumber: 17 1/4"
Frame: 14 1/4"
TC skid: 10 3/4"
Front diff: 8 1/2"
Rear diff: 8 1/2"
Tire to flare:
Front: 4"
Rear: 4 3/4"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Measurements with new 265/75R16 tires:

Front bumper: 20 1/2"
Rear bumber: 18 1/2"
Frame: 15 1/2"
TC skid: 11 3/4"
Front diff: 9 3/4"
Rear diff: 9 3/4"
Tire to flare:
Front: 3"
Rear: 3 3/4"
After the lift:

Front bumper: 22 1/4"
Rear bumper: 21 1/2"
Frame: 18"
TC skid: 14"
Front diff: 9 3/4"
Rear diff: 9 3/4"
Tire to flare:
Front: 5 1/2"
Rear: 6 1/4"

Unread 12-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #143
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
It's very subtle......nicely done.
Subtle was what I was looking for actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C.'sTJ View Post
So how do you like the ride of the OME compared to stock?
The HD springs are riding great right now, I'm sure once I get bumpers and the winch on it'll soften up a bit. I have a feeling I'm really going to like the Currie antirock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I am so Jealous. Sure looks great. Looks very drivable and wheelable.

I would recommend a Savvy Underarmor for sure. Then some Rokmen arms.
The Savvy under armor and Rokmen arms will have to wait for "Stage 2"....(ie: more money )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Paint it Black and I would have to know your address.
Just kidding.

Looks so Awesome . See you in March. You are going to Badlands on March 4-5.
As long as I'm not on call I'll be there. Hopefully I'll be there before then too.

Unread 12-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #144
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looking back at stock "flex":

Now:

Me and my Rubicon:

Just the jeep:

Unread 12-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #145
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

looks great i have the same lift, i love the ride!
CONNOR_99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #146
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

It's so cute!

Looks good bro. Let's go beat on it!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #147
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
It's so cute!

Looks good bro. Let's go beat on it!
I'm itching to wheel it.

Unread 12-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #148
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I forgot to mention, when the antirock was installed we had to cut 1" off of the threaded rods to make them work.

Unread 12-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #149
teesh
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks very good. How tall are you? Trying, after seeing you leaning on it, to visualize how tall it sits.

I purchased an 06 Rubicon 1 month ago with 8500 mile on it and intend to keep it close to stock height also. I've thought about 1 size larger tire though and small lift.
teesh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #150
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesh View Post
Looks very good. How tall are you? Trying, after seeing you leaning on it, to visualize how tall it sits.

I purchased an 06 Rubicon 1 month ago with 8500 mile on it and intend to keep it close to stock height also. I've thought about 1 size larger tire though and small lift.
I'm 5'8" tall...maybe 5'10" in those snow boots. For a weekend wheeler / daily driver I think I'm going to really like the direction I'm taking this.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.