Jeffro06's Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 11-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jeffro06's Rubicon

Today I sold my YJ. Here's one last shot of it....

I decided to close my build thread for the YJ, because it would just make me sad to keep looking back at it everytime someone posted something there, now it can slowly fade away...

I always wanted a Rubicon, and was able to aquire this one:

It's first dirt....lol.

It's a 2006, Automatic, air, cruise, 6-disc CD, Canadian model. Being from Canada it has daytime running lights, that you can't just turn off. It had the instrument panel swapped out when it crossed the border as well. It had around 27,800 miles on it when I picked it up, and the MTR's were wore pretty good, so new shoes will be coming soon.

I decided he milk jugs needed to go asap....

Now you see them....

Now you don't.

They don't even look good laying in the grass.

My customary night shot.

I didn't waste anytime taking it wheeling, this was @ The Badlands.

The only "mod" I've done so far is getting a set of Husky Liner's for the interior. I had them in the YJ and loved them.

Now that the YJ is gone, and I have a few bucks to spend, I'll be making some more changes in the very near future. This build will be more towards how I actually wheel, based on what I learned over the last 3 1/2 years with the YJ. I probably won't go as tall as I had before. This will be my daily driver and see trails on occassion...maybe 6 times a year on average.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Trying to decide on tires, I'm getting LT265/75 R16's......

Mickey Thompson MTZ's or Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar.

I'm leaning towards the MTZ's, based on the driving I'll do. I fear the noise of the MTR's.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 11-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You're gonna love your Rubicon. I unloaded my 89 YJ 6 months ago and bought an 04 Rubicon...huge difference in drivability. I have 285x75x16 MTZ's on my rig and am not impressed with how quickly they wear compared to the BFG mudders I had on my YJ
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like the MTR w/Kevlar are cheaper than the MTZ's....so that could be a deciding factor as well.

I've got a couple of ideas as to which direction I could go with the build. I'm having a hard time deciding which way that should be.

I'm trying to decide between going with an Old Man Emu 2.5" lift or staying with the stock suspension and getting Metalcloaks, with the Overlines up front. I'm only looking at moving up one tire size from stock, LT265/75 R16's will suit my needs.

After having the YJ I really don't want to be messing with driveline issues, so if getting the OME lift is going to cause vibes and require a new rear shaft and adjustable control arms I'll probably stay with the stock suspension, for now anyway.

Hmmm, what to do?

Unread 11-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #5
jaminb
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
It looks like the MTR w/Kevlar are cheaper than the MTZ's....so that could be a deciding factor as well.

I've got a couple of ideas as to which direction I could go with the build. I'm having a hard time deciding which way that should be.

I'm trying to decide between going with an Old Man Emu 2.5" lift or staying with the stock suspension and getting Metalcloaks, with the Overlines up front. I'm only looking at moving up one tire size from stock, LT265/75 R16's will suit my needs.

After having the YJ I really don't want to be messing with driveline issues, so if getting the OME lift is going to cause vibes and require a new rear shaft and adjustable control arms I'll probably stay with the stock suspension, for now anyway.

Ive got the OME 2.5" kit on my 1999 TJ, I only have a very slight low speed, and that is with no t case drop. So i wouldnt worry about driveline vibrations.

Hmmm, what to do?
Ive got the OME 2.5" kit on my 1999 TJ, I only have a very slight low speed vibration, and that is with no t case drop. So i wouldnt worry about driveline vibrations.
jaminb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeffro. My dad has been running the MTZs for about 7000 miles never rotated. He said they are a bit louder than my Mtrs were.

I would definatly go for the Mtrs w/Kevlar you will love them.

As for the lift I would say overlines and some good upper and lower control arms then call it good.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Jeffro. My dad has been running the MTZs for about 7000 miles never rotated. He said they are a bit louder than my Mtrs were.

I would definatly go for the Mtrs w/Kevlar you will love them.

As for the lift I would say overlines and some good upper and lower control arms then call it good.
After checking prices and availability it looks like it will be the MTR's. One thing I know for sure is: I need new tires. Everything else is more of a want than a need.

Unread 11-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #8
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've been looking and looking, right now I'm thinking the OME HD 2" lift, instead of the 2.5" lift. I'm trying to keep the wife and kids happy at the same time...lol. I figure if I need more clearance for tires, MetalCloaks would cure that.

It seems it's more fun to dream about what I'd do to my jeep than it is to actually have to make a decision...lol. It's a bit stressfull, hoping it turns out right and you don't end up saying...wish I would have done.....

Unread 11-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Mopar still makes those block off plates for the front and rear bumpers. They replace those ugly Jugs.

Part number:
55078138-AA
55078139-AA
images-jeep-plates.jpg  
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

First decision made, I just ordered the OME HD 2" lift w/stabilizer. Once that's on I'll see if I get any vibes, if so I deal with that before making any more decisions, well except for tires that is.

Unread 11-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Hey Mopar still makes those block off plates for the front and rear bumpers. They replace those ugly Jugs.
The ugly jugs are gone. Once I'm done with lift / tires / possible fenders and sliders / I'll see if there's enough left for a winch and new bumper.

Unread 11-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #12
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats! Rubis Rule!!!

"Confidence is that feeling you have before you fully understand the situation."
AZJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #13
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJeepNewbie View Post
Congrats! Rubis Rule!!!
Thanks.....

My lift has shipped

I think I'm going to order a Savvy Antirock sway bar, instead of diso's, hopefully it'll fit with the 2" lift. The YJ spoiled me, never having to dico you know..

The next few weeks, or months should be fun as I get to pick out new stuff.

Unread 11-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Currie Antirock ordered!

Unread 11-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats/condolences on selling the YJ. Looking forward to seeing how you build up the Rubi.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.