JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Builds (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/)
-   -   Jeffro06's Rubicon (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/jeffro06s-rubicon-1133590/)

Jeffro06 11-27-2010 10:53 AM

Jeffro06's Rubicon
 
Today I sold my YJ. Here's one last shot of it....

http://www.leiningerphotos.com/photo...10_QZX3U-L.jpg
I decided to close my build thread for the YJ, because it would just make me sad to keep looking back at it everytime someone posted something there, now it can slowly fade away...:laugh:

I always wanted a Rubicon, and was able to aquire this one:

http://www.leiningerphotos.com/photo...30_Yyf9h-L.jpg

http://www.leiningerphotos.com/photo...51_roL3N-L.jpg

http://www.leiningerphotos.com/photo...46_VWfjM-L.jpg
It's first dirt....lol.

It's a 2006, Automatic, air, cruise, 6-disc CD, Canadian model. Being from Canada it has daytime running lights, that you can't just turn off. It had the instrument panel swapped out when it crossed the border as well. It had around 27,800 miles on it when I picked it up, and the MTR's were wore pretty good, so new shoes will be coming soon.

I decided he milk jugs needed to go asap....

http://www.leiningerphotos.com/photo...48_j3huJ-L.jpg
Now you see them....

http://www.leiningerphotos.com/photo...51_54jcC-L.jpg
Now you don't.

http://www.leiningerphotos.com/photo...64_bYLcS-L.jpg
They don't even look good laying in the grass.

http://www.leiningerphotos.com/photo...67_83j6w-L.jpg

http://www.leiningerphotos.com/photo...56_wQfwo-L.jpg
My customary night shot.

http://www.leiningerphotos.com/photo...62_ygxp5-L.jpg
I didn't waste anytime taking it wheeling, this was @ The Badlands.

The only "mod" I've done so far is getting a set of Husky Liner's for the interior. I had them in the YJ and loved them.

Now that the YJ is gone, and I have a few bucks to spend, I'll be making some more changes in the very near future. This build will be more towards how I actually wheel, based on what I learned over the last 3 1/2 years with the YJ. I probably won't go as tall as I had before. This will be my daily driver and see trails on occassion...maybe 6 times a year on average.

Jeffro06 11-27-2010 11:14 AM

Trying to decide on tires, I'm getting LT265/75 R16's......

Mickey Thompson MTZ's or Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar.

I'm leaning towards the MTZ's, based on the driving I'll do. I fear the noise of the MTR's.

Duck Doctor 11-27-2010 11:44 AM

You're gonna love your Rubicon. I unloaded my 89 YJ 6 months ago and bought an 04 Rubicon...huge difference in drivability. I have 285x75x16 MTZ's on my rig and am not impressed with how quickly they wear compared to the BFG mudders I had on my YJ

Jeffro06 11-27-2010 01:42 PM

It looks like the MTR w/Kevlar are cheaper than the MTZ's....so that could be a deciding factor as well.

I've got a couple of ideas as to which direction I could go with the build. I'm having a hard time deciding which way that should be.

I'm trying to decide between going with an Old Man Emu 2.5" lift or staying with the stock suspension and getting Metalcloaks, with the Overlines up front. I'm only looking at moving up one tire size from stock, LT265/75 R16's will suit my needs.

After having the YJ I really don't want to be messing with driveline issues, so if getting the OME lift is going to cause vibes and require a new rear shaft and adjustable control arms I'll probably stay with the stock suspension, for now anyway.

Hmmm, what to do?

jaminb 11-27-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro06 (Post 10519859)
It looks like the MTR w/Kevlar are cheaper than the MTZ's....so that could be a deciding factor as well.

I've got a couple of ideas as to which direction I could go with the build. I'm having a hard time deciding which way that should be.

I'm trying to decide between going with an Old Man Emu 2.5" lift or staying with the stock suspension and getting Metalcloaks, with the Overlines up front. I'm only looking at moving up one tire size from stock, LT265/75 R16's will suit my needs.

After having the YJ I really don't want to be messing with driveline issues, so if getting the OME lift is going to cause vibes and require a new rear shaft and adjustable control arms I'll probably stay with the stock suspension, for now anyway.

Ive got the OME 2.5" kit on my 1999 TJ, I only have a very slight low speed, and that is with no t case drop. So i wouldnt worry about driveline vibrations.

Hmmm, what to do?

Ive got the OME 2.5" kit on my 1999 TJ, I only have a very slight low speed vibration, and that is with no t case drop. So i wouldnt worry about driveline vibrations.

Hendrix 11-27-2010 05:43 PM

Jeffro. My dad has been running the MTZs for about 7000 miles never rotated. He said they are a bit louder than my Mtrs were.

I would definatly go for the Mtrs w/Kevlar you will love them.

As for the lift I would say overlines and some good upper and lower control arms then call it good.

Jeffro06 11-27-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrix (Post 10520885)
Jeffro. My dad has been running the MTZs for about 7000 miles never rotated. He said they are a bit louder than my Mtrs were.

I would definatly go for the Mtrs w/Kevlar you will love them.

As for the lift I would say overlines and some good upper and lower control arms then call it good.

After checking prices and availability it looks like it will be the MTR's. One thing I know for sure is: I need new tires. Everything else is more of a want than a need.

Jeffro06 11-27-2010 08:25 PM

I've been looking and looking, right now I'm thinking the OME HD 2" lift, instead of the 2.5" lift. I'm trying to keep the wife and kids happy at the same time...lol. I figure if I need more clearance for tires, MetalCloaks would cure that.

It seems it's more fun to dream about what I'd do to my jeep than it is to actually have to make a decision...lol. It's a bit stressfull, hoping it turns out right and you don't end up saying...wish I would have done.....

Hendrix 11-27-2010 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Mopar still makes those block off plates for the front and rear bumpers. They replace those ugly Jugs.

Part number:
55078138-AA
55078139-AA

Jeffro06 11-27-2010 08:33 PM

First decision made, I just ordered the OME HD 2" lift w/stabilizer. Once that's on I'll see if I get any vibes, if so I deal with that before making any more decisions, well except for tires that is.

Jeffro06 11-27-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrix (Post 10521752)
Hey Mopar still makes those block off plates for the front and rear bumpers. They replace those ugly Jugs.

The ugly jugs are gone. :laugh: Once I'm done with lift / tires / possible fenders and sliders / I'll see if there's enough left for a winch and new bumper.

AZJeepNewbie 11-28-2010 01:55 PM

Congrats! Rubis Rule!!! :D

Jeffro06 11-29-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZJeepNewbie (Post 10524564)
Congrats! Rubis Rule!!! :D

Thanks.....:laugh:

My lift has shipped :banana:

I think I'm going to order a Savvy Antirock sway bar, instead of diso's, hopefully it'll fit with the 2" lift. The YJ spoiled me, never having to dico you know..:laugh:

The next few weeks, or months should be fun as I get to pick out new stuff. :D

Jeffro06 11-29-2010 08:53 PM

Currie Antirock ordered!

Sgt.Fuzz 11-29-2010 08:57 PM

Congrats/condolences on selling the YJ. Looking forward to seeing how you build up the Rubi.


The time now is 02:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.